F-150 Truck I test drove today

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I already noted, yes, in my personal experience (of me owning a domestic, my family owning several, extended family owning many more, co-workers, friends, etc. etc.) 160,000 is alot of miles for a domestic automobile. At this point they tend to require major maintenance, and it isn't always cheap.

If you are going to start flaming, then please do not post in that thread. If you have something valuable to add to the content of the thread then, please, by all means share it. Such as if you are a certified mechanic who works on cars day in day out, then sure, share you experiences and opinions with other members.
Sorry, I guess my 6-7 years of experience with working on cars, modding cars, swapping engines, etc isn't enough to input into this thread. Nor is my experience with at least 5 different domestic vehicles that my family has owned that all had 170k+ on them with no major problems aside from normal wear and tear.

By this, I'm not saying that I would happily go out and buy ANY vehicle with that many miles on it. I, personally, wouldn't buy anything (regardless of brand) with over 120k on it. Reason is, they are usually piles of **** by then just from normal wear and tear. Hard to find anyone that takes really good care of their cars these days.

Ben, your sig is 15pixels too tall. Otherwise my 6.5meg tests would be shown in my sig. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom