Extremely funny video - and youtube encoding

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think what he did is just encoded the vid at an extremely high bit per second rate and then just added a ton at the end so the overall bit per second evened out into something that youtube would accept. and i like how he did that, smart thinking. or she.

i think what he did is just encoded the vid at an extremely high bit per second rate and then just added a ton at the end so the overall bit per second evened out into something that youtube would accept. and i like how he did that, smart thinking. or she.

So youtube goes by the average bit-rate, as opposed to the file size? Interesting. Never uploaded anything, so didn't know :).

i think its bit rate, i dunno.

and i haven't seen you on in like ever... haha. where have you been my whole posting career?

chan is one of the oldest surviving mods, he has been here for well ever.

So youtube goes by the average bit-rate, as opposed to the file size? Interesting. Never uploaded anything, so didn't know :).

Yes that's obvious, actually youtube does compress the videos if their average bitrate is over (well i don't actually know, i'm saying it from posting expierience). I'll try that though!

Hey thanks guys :).. My schedule is a little bit better now, so I should be on a decent amount. :)

And I am not too sure about the average bit rate thing after watching that video again. If you load that link and watch the video with a slower download speed, the video will pause periodically even though the red bar is past the current playback position. Almost as if its waiting for future data. The second time around, it'll be fine.

MPEG video format for example uses a similar idea with the - P (or B) frames (forgot which one!), where the current frame could be a diff with a future reference frame. Maybe they use a similar idea.. :). Or maybe they use MPEG-4 or something similar itself!

Chanky ! (thats your new name) Welcome back. Not sure wether you remember K M A N ? well, thats me - I've changed since then.

Great to see you back around, Chan. Now I don't have to come hunt you down. Of course, that totally blows my whole vacation, but... meh.

Cookie Monster said:
Not sure wether you remember K M A N ? well, thats me - I've changed since then.
Don't let him fool you. Aliases come and aliases go, but some things never change.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom