extremely bad internet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
Ok this is weird. I have a 4 person network all connected to a Linksys cable 4 port router. One computer using 98 cannot even get onto certain web pages i.e. yahoo mail.... but can get on yahoo. Some others are extremely slow on loading... then sometimes their not. Ok I get on my computer I got XP and all sites work fine but when I go to play World of Warcraft I get some insanely high ping where its not even playable and I get disconnected from the server. I tried disconnecting all computers except one.... same problems. I've tried resetting the cable modem.... same problems. The computer with 98 also wont connect to the Eudora mail server. Im thinking a network virus or bad router. We just recently put someone elses computer on the network which made 4, but I scanned using spy sweeper and spybot to make sure it was clean. No viruses but plenty of ad programs. Any ideas? Thanks

Sounds ike a DNS problem. Make sure that the 98 box has the right DNs configuration.
You can test to see if it the port on the router simply by swapping it with one that you know works.

lol yea thats how I found out one of the ports were bad. I exchanged the router for a new one and it works fine now. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom