Extreme Problem!! Worm!??!

You can goto start then run and type in 'shutdown.exe /a" to stop the shut down and then try to get an anti virus installed, and possiably get an antivirus that scans before the opperating system can load. I think AVG has a vcleaner which scans before the loading of the os.

Are you on a network? It could be that one of the other PCs is sending a shutdown signal, due to it having a worm, trojan or virus. Go into the BIOS and Disable 'Wake on LAN'

prosser13 said:
Are you on a network? It could be that one of the other PCs is sending a shutdown signal, due to it having a worm, trojan or virus. Go into the BIOS and Disable 'Wake on LAN'

I was on a network, me and my friend were sharing the interweb.... But his is fine and mine was cting fishy before that. It all started when LimeWire tweaked out and starte opening all by itself, and then my ctrl+alt+delete didn't work.... I just can't find my WoW cd's and all that and I want to make sure I have everything on my partition for when I reinstall. And I can't just copy the WoW data because the partition is only like 4 gigs.

For WoW, just copy your saved games, and then look for the CD.

Uninstall, format, reinstall, and also scan your data.

Did you have any luck running the anti-virus program? I use AVG free, it works really good. It might be able to fix your problem.

Ok, I have had this proplem with an old computer same with my friend, we got it wiped of by going on to another computer and downloading spyware, then we would put the cd in on the pc it is casuing the proplem and install and do a scan, Spyware docter wil remove it.

yea avg is pretty decent and good, i think its a blaster worm because i had that problem before and this guy on the internet said it was a b;aster worm

Back
Top Bottom