extream cooling for science project

esa193

Fully Optimized
i want to do ether a liquid nitrogen or dry ice cooled comp for my science project but idk how to do it
could some one tell me the steps
(i would like to over clock a Intel core 2 duo e6600 to at lest 4 - 5 ghz(7 if possible)
my exsperement is to get a very high clock speed
1. should i use dry ice or liquid nitrogen
2. witch would be cheaper
3 witch would offer better performance
4would dry ice melt while trance porting?
5.what materials r needed
6. wair can i buy dry ice or liquid nitrogen
7. does is work any way like liquid cooling
thank u

i dont think you can buy liquid nitrogen or dry ice but talk to your science teacher about that. This idea doesnt seem like a good one for a science project but thats just me. And i dont think that processor will OC to 7ghz at all.

well its tec not science my mistake
we have to mod or build an invention
and u can buy liquid nitrogen its 52 cents a letter

you probably need some sort of certification for buying it and using it because its dangerous and youll need to know how to handle it so you dont freeze a finger off.

ok for a start , liquid nitrogen is at about -195 c , i dont remember the exact figure but it is around there and so safety is of the essence ,even dry ice can cause frostbites , and remember it is still carbon dioxide and so can be toxic in high concentrations in air

i dunno if 7ghz is gonna be possible , cos although the cooling may be good , the core may not be physically able to handle speeds of 7ghz

see this and watch the vid for more nfo on cooling http://www.tomshardware.com/2003/12/30/5_ghz_project/

as for prices , dry ice would be the cheapest

all i can say is stay safe

im prob using dry ice
and liquid nitrogen is extreamly cheep u cna buy of the net
and use special containers that cost 30 bucks to carry them

the liquid nitrogen might be cheap but the containers they come in is probably where the price racks up.

the liquid nitrogen might be cheap but the containers they come in is probably where the price racks up.
yep certainly , you cant just put them in any old container you need a dewar
http://www.2spi.com/catalog/instruments/liquid-nitrogen-dewars.shtml

heres some more safety info http://www.2spi.com/catalog/instruments/nitrodew-supp.html

if you where in the uk your school would prolly have to carry out a risk assesment and you would have to be supervised by a member of staff at all times , hell if you where in the uk you may not even be able to handle the liquid notrogen , i dunno how american schools are but i am sure there will be simmilar health and ssafety ruling

if it was that easy id make sure i spilled some on myself and then sue the shit outa the school and be a millionaire with a missing finger.

if it was that easy id make sure i spilled some on myself and then sue the shit outa the school and be a millionaire with a missing finger.
well you would have to wear cryo gloves to handle it

Back
Top Bottom