External HDD arrangement

DToogood

Beta member
Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction for my next purchase?

I currently have 4 external HDDs of varying sizes which contain nothing but photos (I'm a photographer). This isn't the best way of working as some files are duplicated on some of the drives but not others, I have no real backups and of course I have to use 4 USBs etc.

I am wanting to buy a new storage system which I can copy the files from all of the externals and place them onto a single drive, which then is automatically duplicated onto a second drive.

The idea is that I would have 1 'working' drive which contains all of my photos and that drive is automatically duplicated as a fail safe. As an additional fail safe, I would still of course have the existing 4 external HDDs which I could put safely away.

Realistically I need a 4TB drive and therefore was eyeing up this... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Book-Desktop-External-Drive-WDBLWE0080JCH-EESN/dp/B00L90DX04?th=1

Can anyone recommend any alternatives? Maybe something cheaper or more suited to my needs?

Back
Top Bottom