explorer.exe - The memory could not be "written".

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheik yerbouti

Beta member
Hi,

I'm facing this issue, where everytime i close the last explorer window, i get a pop-up which says...

Code:
Application Error : The instruction at "0x014c16d3" referenced memory at "0x014c16d3". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program

obviously, the memory locations differ. i checked Event viewer, and under System events, i got a report of the same error, with Event ID 26, and under the Application events, i have 'The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.' with event ID 1002. Below this 'Information' event, i have 2 Error Events:

Code:
Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

Code:
Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

both have event ID 1041, and the 'Source' is Userenv.

I've been facing this isse every since i installed IE 8 beta. but the problem persisted even after uninstalling it. so can anyone suggest what i can do to get it resolved?

PS: OS is Win XP SP2.

You could but i can vouch for the results that you will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom