Explain to me how my car knows it is out of warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh i know plenty enough about vehicles. But with all the electronics and proprietary crap they put in vehicles these days, its just not worth it to try to fix it yourself.

Anyhoo, turns out it was the waterpump. Shocking i know, i mean a vw with a bad waterpump? What are the odds.... Somehow its under warranty still, but its going to cost me 450 to have the timing belt replaced while they are in there. Still better than the 1100 it would have cost me when it comes due in another year.

Usually when a water pump goes out it makes a nasty sound and it leaks all over the place.

That sucks...but at least it wasnt something bigger.

Well we had our first really good cold snap the night before it happened, so my guess is that was part of it. This car was originally bought in florida, resided in texas for a year, and has been in colorado the last 2 years. Not sure how much that affects things but i'm just glad it went out on one of the short trips from one office to the other rather than in the middle of my 1000 mile trip back home over christmas.

if i was you i would contact your dealer and be like look 4 weeks out of waranty and it breaks down what kind of **** is this then vouch to never buy a vw car again they will do something about it. car salesman are desperate for any potential cash they may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom