EXCEL 2010 how to do something

jasonalwaysready

Daemon Poster
Code:
Item No.	Item Description	Units	Approx Quantities	LOW BIDDER	PRICE	HIGH BIDDER	PRICE

im trying to do a little statistical analysis for some bids that we will be receiving for a job. i have a function that will look through all of the sheets and find the lowest number for that item [PRICE]. i would like to have returned next to it the name of the contractor for that particular item [LOW BIDDER] and [HIGH BIDDER] the contractor is just a title cell on each sheet.

How do i do this?

thanks,

It is a little tough without seeing the spreadsheet.

If it is not private, I would love to have a look at it for you.

PM sent.

View attachment BID BOOK FOR TABULATION copy 021213.pdf

i couldnt get the excel file to attach, so i just changed the extension from xlsx to pdf.

in the summary statistics sheet, there is a column for low bidder. i am looking for it to find the minimum value as found to it's immediate right, and then display the name of the contractor as defined in cell b4 for all following sheets.

thanks,
jason

For future, zip unapproved files.

Your formula was a bit off. Added some test data for you.

Keep in mind with a vlookup there is one drawback. If 2 contractors have the same low bid, the first contractor on the list will come up as the result.

On summary sheet cell c23 i did change your min formula to only include the cells with data. You will need to change that once your form is populated.

Last edited:
that is a sweet deal, but what i was looking for was on the summary statistics sheet, to have the low bidder and high bidder columns lookup the name of the contractor who has the corresponding low or high bid.

thanks,
jason

Ok here you go.

I would do it all with a pivot over multiple consolidation ranges but I linked back to your summary sheet.

This should give you a basis to start with.

I am happy to help going forward.

By the way Hefe's sweet deal is still the best. Just go with it. No need for further bids.

Attachments

• BID BOOK FOR TABULATION copy 021213.zip
    24.7 KB · Views: 1
Remember you need to refresh the pivot if you make changes to the underlying data to see the changes in the summary sheet.

the helpfulness level of this thread is

Over9000_small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom