EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS DD3 320MB issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mkilbride

Baseband Member
I've built a computer before and this is my second system, but I want to find out if the is truely "DOA"(Dead on Arrival") or merely a mistake somehow on my part.

ASRock Motherboard - Product - 939Dual-SATA2 - Overview is my motherboard, it comes with ONE PCI-E x16 slot(Which this card requires!

EVGA | Products

Is the card.

My power supply is:

BFG Tech - 650W Power Supply

And that should be enough power, I'm only running one card(The EVGA one) a 2 HD's(60GB and 120GB), NO CD / DVD / DVDR(I know, weird, but I don't use them incase I need to burn anything, extra power)(Along with 5.1 speakers)

A AMD Athlon X2 3800 Processor, and 2 GB of RAM.

The fan on the back of the case, a extra 120MM Antec Fan I purchased(For extra coolage)

Antec.com - Specialty

That's the extra fan.

I ran all of this stuff except the card with a 400W(Exception of the RAM, added 1 GB and the card)

Well it boots up and stuff, like in Bio's I select PCI-E as my primary graphics adapter and it go's to go to the Windows thing, with the little blue bar you know? But as it's going to that, the screen just remains black. I read that that could mean the card is mis-seated(Which it wasn't, I checked many times, and tightly screwed it in, but not to tight)

Also, I switched back to my current, GeForce 6800 128MB AGP x8 card and everything works, I HARDLY think it's a POWER issue.(Or the comp wouldn't even boot up, right?)

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Doing this, it only takes about 600W's to run what I want to run, so I have 50 spare, in a sense, and I set it to exactly as my system should be..(with card and all)

I tried the 6-Pin PCI-E that came with the power supply and the special adapter that came with the card. I don't know if I should go to my device manager and such and disable my AGP port? I dunno...I also tried un-installing my drivers, that didn't do much of anything either. I'm at a loss, any help would be grateful, other than that, I will just have to RMA it. I have no inter-grated graphics if you read the specs of the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom