eVGA e-GeForce 6800 XT

macdaddymilkman

Solid State Member
Hello Everyone,

I just have a question. If I was to run Duel eVGA e-GeForce 6800 XT running SLI mode, would I get better results with it, then i would with a 7600gt? Here is the link for the eVGA e-GeForce 6800 XT http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=322750. If you could tell me that'd be great! FYI, I will mostly be playing the following games, Battlefield 2, Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, Counter Strike Source, Counter Strike 1.6. Well now that i think of it, those are the only games that i will be playing lol.

I wouldnt bother to SLI just for those games. I mean the 7600GT would just own them in the first place, and to SLI those 6800s would just be too expensive for what your going to be doing with them. So, no. Just get one 7600GT.

Oh, I disagree. If you want to play Oblivion and you want it to look good, get a X1900XTX. It's really the best option... Otherwise, you'll end up paying more for a SLI configuration that gives you the same performance.

OMG, now when the crap did the nvidia release the 6800 XT chipset? Man, nvidia is nuts to be saturating the market like that. Don't they realize they're losing money this way?

Anyways, if those are your only two options of video cards, I would get the single 7600GT. Best bang for the buck. Otherwise, go all out nuts with the 7900GTX, lol.

Stick with the single 7600gt. Save your money for something better that comes down the road.

SLI for those games? DONT BOTHER! Just get a 7600GT.
I feel pathetic everytime I play cs 1.6 on my 7600GT, and here you are wanting to do that on a SLi setup rofl.

Back
Top Bottom