Everything I Know about Computers I Learned in the Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Pre-OSX Machintosh. Incompatible with every thing else. However can still manage to upload an virus to the main computer on an alien mothership.

* Hacking corporate computer is pretty.

* Virus that are hiding in corporate computers are pretty.

I love shooting down Hollywood CompuServe bs. Anyone watch CSI:Miami? They have the coolest GUIs.

I also like the no matter how advanced the GUI is, you have to use the keyboard to get anything done.

I was just flipping channels and saw a show where these people were looking at a bad quality image of a car. "What's the license plate #?" *zooms in and shows a clear picture of the license plate*. And also whenever they were using the computer it would make beeping noises when a new page opened! LOL

aah, when i was on holiday i was watching CBBC, yes i know :) It was the only thing in English and i was bored ;)

But their was a programme about child detectives working for MI9. One of em goes on a computer finds a website in 2 seconds, decides she wants to hack it, taps about 10 keys in rapid succession whilst on the homepage then says "right, i've hacked into the website" :facepalm:

Have you seen IT crowd series 1 episode 5?

* Anything transferring over USB or somesuch is insanely fast if no one is around, but if there's a security guard looking for the source of the noises, the speed drops to USB 1.0 or so.

Yes that is the security guard sensor. Doesn't your computer have one. The one failing point of the system is that it will slow down usb, cd burns etc. but always allows the file to finish with just enough time to avoid detection. They are working on that slight drawback to the system.

Pretty much every single one of those things listed made me think of an exact scene in certain movies where I had noticed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom