Everything checked, still no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starscream918

Beta member
Hello all.

I've recently updated my motherboard, CPU and video card. I have installed all of the new drivers and checked all the hardware hookups but I still have no sound.

Here's some details (from Everest Home Ed.):

Mobo
- Processory is: Athlon 64 3400+
- Board is: MSI K8T Neo-FSR (MS-6702)
- Chipset is: VIA VT8383 Apollo K8T800, AMD Hammer

Multimedia
- Audio adapter is: VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

As far as I know all the drivers are up to date using Live Monitor and just by manually checking. I have run the Windows troubleshooter and nothing has worked thus far. I talked to a friend who built my previous setup and he thinks that it may be a BIOS problem.

Thanks for looking and thanks in advance for the help.

Well, I've learned that the AC'97 drivers are very sensitive. I would revert to the original audio drivers that came with your motherboard's software and see if that works. I had a problem with audio after updating AC'97 and after I reverted to the original everything was fine.

Sure you don't have Windows sound settings muted or something? Start > Control Panel > Sound and Audio > look around there

Sometimes it's the simplest thing.

Yes, I checked that first. I still have no sound at all. I've reverted drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled them, configured the Sound Effect configs that came with the board... I'm at a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom