ever get scard

Does the switch surge protector force it any more than a standard one to test parts?

my laptop got fried.. charger blew the fuse, which caused the connector to melt, which de-soldered the connector inside the laptop.. had to dismantle the laptop, re-solder that joint, re-assemble it, get a new fuse, re-make the charger lead, but now all is good and working fine :)

There's no reason to be scared unless you know what you're doing. If it's your first build, then you have the right to be scared. If you've ordered your parts, and they're the only ones you have (no backups) then you should also be scared. If you're experienced, being scared will mess you up. I also get scared when people don't spell the word scared right.

ive handled parts before and ive done builds many times just saying
no matter how many times every time i go to push the power button ill get butterfly's hoping it works

Not really. That's why you don't rush things. I can get a PC built in like 2 hours. Ok, that may be exaggerated, but if you really take your time to lay things out, read the manual, and handle each product like they were a newborn baby, take all necessary precautions--there should be zero problems. All my builds have 100% success on initial startup as far as getting the motherboard to boot. I had to RMA one out of many hard drives and that was it.

The case buttons are the most crucial in my opinion. If you don't get those right, you're dead in the water. Everything else is just simple plug and play.

meh i dont get scared when handling parts or building or if it dosent boot first time , like someone else said if you take your time when your doing it then you will be ok ,
if you start rushing you have more chance of messing up as you wil overlook something or what not like when i changed cases i put a standoff in the wrong place cos i was rushing to get the system running again and the system wouldnt boot so i took the mobo out and placed it on the table and powered it and it worked so then i checked the basic things and spotted the standoff no problems after that
So long as you follow precautions and know what your doing and take your time everything will be fine and if it isnt you most likely either have a DOA part or made a small error

As long as you don't do anything blatently stupid and have a nice clean desk for putting computers together, you wont have anything go wrong unless you didn't hook it up right or the parts are defective. Thats all there is to it.

Back
Top Bottom