Event 11 Wininit problems

Dalinkwent726

Baseband Member
So recently I have been having problems with my computers start up, it will get passed the "welcome" screen and then the screen stays black for a minute or two. During this time I can move my mouse, and even get in to task manager.

I posted this in another thread and a guy over there suggested my to run "sfc /scannow" in an elevated scan, then run Event Viewer and see if there are any issues or errors. There was, an Event 11, Wininit warning. So I just found out that you can find the source of this problem in the details section under "string" and that led me to find out it was C:\Windows\system32\nvinitx.dll causing the problem. I have no clue how to fix this, if it can be fixed. Any help would be appreciated.

I've ran a full scan through Malwarebytes turning up no issues, I ran a full scan with Norton (I'm sure I'll catch flak for having that =P) and I also checked my registry with Ccleaner and the Command Prompt sfc /scannow, there were some issues but none fixed the problem.

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Wininit" Guid="{206F6DEA-D3C5-4D10-BC72-989F03C8B84B}" />
<EventID>11</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-01-12T22:23:31.258838800Z" />
<EventRecordID>164039</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="652" ThreadID="676" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Matthew-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>

- <EventData>
<Data Name="StringCount">1</Data>
<Data Name="String">C:\Windows\system32\nvinitx.dll</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

nvinitx.dll sounds like a nVidia graphics driver file.

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers from nVidia's website?

nvinitx.dll sounds like a nVidia graphics driver file.

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers from nVidia's website?
Yeah, I'm using 332.21 which was just released. I was using 331.82 but every game I played had some sort of stutter or screen tearing, so I went back to the last driver that worked for me (and still does) which is 327.23 WHQL, and that's when the problem started so I switched to the one I am using now and the problem persists. I've had those stuttering/tearing problems ever since Nvidia released their 700 series cards and the drivers for them, so I'll use the newest driver and then when I notice a problem I usually switch back to the 327.23 version, only this time I get the Event 11 issue.

I do a clean install of all my drivers since I have no settings saved through Nvidia control panel that would stop me from doing so. Also all the drivers were downloaded from the Nvidia website that I've been using for about a year.

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

As carnage said, it is an issue with the nVidia drivers. There is still something buggy with them. Report the issues you are having to them and they will have to try and find the source and fix it. Nothing that can really be done to assist when the problem is a driver.

Yeah, I'm using 332.21 which was just released. I was using 331.82 but every game I played had some sort of stutter or screen tearing, so I went back to the last driver that worked for me (and still does) which is 327.23 WHQL, and that's when the problem started so I switched to the one I am using now and the problem persists. I've had those stuttering/tearing problems ever since Nvidia released their 700 series cards and the drivers for them, so I'll use the newest driver and then when I notice a problem I usually switch back to the 327.23 version, only this time I get the Event 11 issue.

I do a clean install of all my drivers since I have no settings saved through Nvidia control panel that would stop me from doing so. Also all the drivers were downloaded from the Nvidia website that I've been using for about a year.

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

When you do a clean install, are you using another utility like Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode to make sure the remnants of the old drivers are rid of? I'd look into that.

That, and/or possibly going to an even older set of stable drivers as well.

I recently got a new ssd drive and so with a clean install of windows I went ahead and got the 332 drivers, I thought everything was good for my GTX 560 card until I ran into a flash app and my pc crashed with a bsod. I thought it was firefox at first but then I put back the old 314 drivers and I have not experienced any problems at all with flash or videos. Must be that some nVidia cards do not get along with the new drivers, I can't help but wonder how many peeps replaced their video cards because of nVidia's wonky drivers.
Try the 314.07 drivers and see if that helps

When you do a clean install, are you using another utility like Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode to make sure the remnants of the old drivers are rid of? I'd look into that.

That, and/or possibly going to an even older set of stable drivers as well.

As carnage said, it is an issue with the nVidia drivers. There is still something buggy with them. Report the issues you are having to them and they will have to try and find the source and fix it. Nothing that can really be done to assist when the problem is a driver.

I recently got a new ssd drive and so with a clean install of windows I went ahead and got the 332 drivers, I thought everything was good for my GTX 560 card until I ran into a flash app and my pc crashed with a bsod. I thought it was firefox at first but then I put back the old 314 drivers and I have not experienced any problems at all with flash or videos. Must be that some nVidia cards do not get along with the new drivers, I can't help but wonder how many peeps replaced their video cards because of nVidia's wonky drivers.
Try the 314.07 drivers and see if that helps

KSOD - I'll go to the forums and let them know, thanks.

Carnage - No I haven't but I'll do that after this post. Thanks for that. Another question though, are crappy drivers just an Nvidia thing, or does AMD have the same problem? I've been looking at their new series of cards but I don't want to be plagued with the same problems I've had with Nvidia.

Joe C - Yeah the 314 drivers was another that really worked for me so I'll give that a shot as well. Thank you.

Edit: This is apparently a serious issue with Nvidia's newest drivers, so much so that they have devoted a whole thread to gathering peoples information to try and replicate the problem and fix it.

Last edited:
KSOD - I'll go to the forums and let them know, thanks.

Carnage - No I haven't but I'll do that after this post. Thanks for that. Another question though, are crappy drivers just an Nvidia thing, or does AMD have the same problem? I've been looking at their new series of cards but I don't want to be plagued with the same problems I've had with Nvidia.

Joe C - Yeah the 314 drivers was another that really worked for me so I'll give that a shot as well. Thank you.

Edit: This is apparently a serious issue with Nvidia's newest drivers, so much so that they have devoted a whole thread to gathering peoples information to try and replicate the problem and fix it.

nVidia has the better drivers of the two, IMO. I've had more issues with AMD drivers than nVidia's.

Back
Top Bottom