euthanizing your dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
I have a pet that I have had for 11 years now. She's nearly blind and has a form of cancer that the vet cannot treat. (And I can't pronounce) He said she should live another year maybe. However, she is "not in the guidelines for when we euthanize an animal". So she suffers every day. And I really don't know what to do. No way could I put a gun to her head. But if I could give her a pill or feed her something that would just make her go to sleep and not wake up, I could do that to ease her misery. This is not a dog that I can't afford or don't have room for or whatever. It's one that isn't sick enough for the vet but isn't healthy enough to have a happy life. I really don't think she's in constant pain, but you can tell she's miserable. Any suggestions?

my sister had a cat that was very sick but the vet wouldnt put it down, just give us medication that would "help ease the pain a little" so we tried the pills but they didnt do anything, the cat still meowed in agony. She couldnt handle seeing the cat like that, and i couldnt stand listening to her or the cat (im not close to the cat) so I took it out back put a cloth over its head and broke its neck. Instant death and no pain or anything like that. It may seem cruel but the cat was in soo much pain it could not walk to eat, use the cat box, or anything.

the reason i mentioned all that is because the cat died and it didnt appear all nasty as if i was to shoot it. which made my sister feel alot better when we buried it

Dave you work in a hospital, i am sure one of the doctors there will be able to help see if one of them can give it a injection of Sodium Thiopental, I am sure if you explaned the situation one of them will help you. They are humain an don't like to see suffering in any creature so they could help.

Feed it a 500gram bar of Cooking Chocolate, cooking chocolate is 10x more lethal than milk chocolate to a dog.It should and probably would kill it, the only thing is prior to its death the first 24 hours would be sickness and diorreah and would not be nice for you nor the dog.

Alcohol is also dangerous to dogs, i'm not suggesting you make it drink alcohol. But if you inject very high alchol concentration straight into the dog, maybe that would kill it within a few hours/minutes.

Maybe while its sleeping you could put a bag over its head ?

They all sound so mean and inhumain im just not so sure of any method that is humain that would kill it outright instantly.

Dave you work in a hospital, i am sure one of the doctors there will be able to help see if one of them can give it a injection of Sodium Thiopental, I am sure if you explaned the situation one of them will help you. They are humain an don't like to see suffering in any creature so they could help.

We would both probably get fired for that. I already asked one of the ICU nurses who does volunteer work for the humane society. She told me that it takes large doses of narcotics. She also said that the humane society wouldn't put the dog down either unless it was picked up by the dog catcher and held for 3 days.

Feed it a 500gram bar of Cooking Chocolate, cooking chocolate is 10x more lethal than milk chocolate to a dog.It should and probably would kill it, the only thing is prior to its death the first 24 hours would be sickness and diorreah and would not be nice for you nor the dog.

Alcohol is also dangerous to dogs, i'm not suggesting you make it drink alcohol. But if you inject very high alchol concentration straight into the dog, maybe that would kill it within a few hours/minutes.

Maybe while its sleeping you could put a bag over its head ?

They all sound so mean and inhumain im just not so sure of any method that is humain that would kill it outright instantly.

Doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but thanks for the suggestions. Wonder if a bunch of muscle relaxers would do the trick?

Maybe. But i'm not sure that would be a Humaine death or not ?

Maybe just a load of paracetemol ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom