Ethernet with no wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuddha

Beta member
now there's alot of information being thrown around the web about wireless ethernet. this pcmcia card, that cable etc etc

there's a many many solutions presneted out there, but what i'm asking is had anyone had any hands on experience with some home brew wireless ethernet on a budget? i've heard various things about ex gala><y tv dishes being modded for use with 2.4GHz units, peach tins for antennas?!?!

if anyone out there has successfully constructed a working link on a budget i'd love to hear about your experience.

my particular situation requires a link across 6-7kms of water and hopefully at 10Mbps.

now there's alot of information being thrown around the web about wireless ethernet. this pcmcia card, that cable etc etc

there's a many many solutions presneted out there, but what i'm asking is had anyone had any hands on experience with some home brew wireless ethernet on a budget? i've heard various things about ex gala><y tv dishes being modded for use with 2.4GHz units, peach tins for antennas?!?!

if anyone out there has successfully constructed a working link on a budget i'd love to hear about your experience.

my particular situation requires a link across 6-7kms of water and hopefully at 10Mbps.

If I understand your question correctly. You want to set up a wireless network that is cheap. Linksys was rated the top of it's class for small office/ home use by PC magazine and the access point will only run you around $150 and the network adapter is around $70. There are some limitations to wireless, but I found that it works great for the money. I hope this answers your question.

If I understand your question correctly. You want to set up a wireless network that is cheap. Linksys was rated the top of it's class for small office/ home use by PC magazine and the access point will only run you around $150 and the network adapter is around $70. There are some limitations to wireless, but I found that it works great for the money. I hope this answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom