ethernet not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

havetoastinstea

Solid State Member
I'm having problems with my ethernet. The 10/100 PCI Ethernet Adapter in the system devices says:
"You must enable the device in the BIOS.(Code 29) See your hardware documentation for details, or contact your computer manufacturer to get an updated BIOS."
It also says something about there's no interupt request. I have no idea what to do. I'm not a computer wiz. It was working fine before until someone messed with it.
HP told me to reset the defaults in the BIOS, but that didn't work either.

Please expand "It was working fine before until someone messed with it."

Go to device manager and find your network device. Is it enabled? Please post the device status.

Don't attempt to flash your BIOS because it sounds like you are an inexperienced user unless you want whole heaps of trouble.

after you power on the PC, keep tapping the key F2 or Delete, until you arrive to a blue screen called BIOS

search for the onboard device, and make sure the on board LAN is enable, if not, change to enable and remember to save

"It was working fine before until someone messed with it."
I mean that I went on vacation and someone here messed up my computer so they tried to delete the partition and make a new one. They didn't save the drivers or anything so nothing works.

I went into the BIOS and there is nothing that says LAN. Everything is enabled in the PCI configuration though. In the device manager it's also enabled. It says "exists in all hardware profiles."

I don't know if any of that helps. =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom