Essay

Status
Not open for further replies.
in an essay you basically make your argument in the intro and then support it in paragraphs after the intro (no specific amount, just as much as you need to make your point) and then the conclusion you summarize your argument and your support

is this a good way to start it?

I build and fix computers and want to learn more so will you let me come to votec?

A better way to word it would be, "I build and repair computers, and want to continue learning more. I would appreciate acceptance at votec." Capitalize votec as necessary, because i don't know what votec is.

ok thanx man and by the way Votec is the school i want to go to. Don't know if i spelled it right so i am going to my guidance counsler tomorrow to figure out how to spell Votec.

oh well i guess i will have a teacher help me write the essay when i am in study hall. Theres nothing ever to do in study hall but sleep so maybe I can accomplish something for once.

Look up what a thesis is and the rest should come fairly easily. Generally a thesis is formatted to look like:

Through a study of ______, ______ and _____, I intend to demonstrate that _____________.

i wouldn't use first person. most teachers don't like that in essays and is usually inappropriate (style-wise) unless explicitly needed for the topic. if it was an APA-style paper (for science, science related subjects, and scientific research) you could use "I" and "Me."

instead, say something like "There is sufficient evidence from the book to support Johnson's theory that the main character was actually a female child." ...it's your main "claim" or "argument" that the paper will support.

Yeah I know in formal essays you don't write in first person, I was just using that as an example of what a thesis looks like. Basically the thesis contains the central argument and the main points or paragraphs that will be discussed to prove or disprove it. Personally I hate the five paragraph essay format and ignored whatever I was taught in school.

I just find it strange you've never written an essay before....ever.....

i wouldn't use first person. most teachers don't like that in essays
Yeah, I had a teacher who would dock you massive points if he saw "I" or "You" in any of your papers.

Instead of "You would think that dolphins stink", you would write something like "One would think that dolphins stink", blah blah blah blah I've been drinking.................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom