ErrorOx800CCC79

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheeOx

In Runtime
Hi all,
I am using Vista and Windows mail. Whenever I send an email, this is the error I get:

"The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'Undisclosed-Recipient:;'. , Account: 'mail.charter.net', Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.5.0 <Undisclosed-Recipient:;> '@' or '.' expected after 'Undisclosed-Recipient'', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

Please help me as I am at my witts end here.

Thank you,
Thee

You have to contact Charter to make sure that you have the outgoing options setup right. they may have it protected with SSL and you might have to use a specific port.

Calling their customer service line will net you the best results.

Thanks Mak123. I called em today but they gave me other info than you suggested. Cool. Thanks again.

Charters probably all bent cause I cancelled their cable in favor of ( GASP) Dish and also canceled their phone service, but kept the internet.

Such is life....

Thee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom