Error with email

bluenose1940

In Runtime
I have my gmail account fetch mails from my sky email account but at the moment I am constantly getting an error message which says "error fetching emails for xxxxxxx" and, when I go into the details, it tells me that "no emails have been fetched since 23/09/15"

Does anyone know how I can fix this please.

Many thanks.

P.S.further message this morning says "POP3 unable to fetch mail"

Last edited:
It sounds like Gmail isn't able to authenticate with the sky mail account. Log in to gmail and check the fetching settings to ensure that it still is set with the current password, pop3 server, and port number.

If you're unsure of these settings you should be able to find them on the sky mail website or from sky mail's support.

It sounds like Gmail isn't able to authenticate with the sky mail account. Log in to gmail and check the fetching settings to ensure that it still is set with the current password, pop3 server, and port number.

If you're unsure of these settings you should be able to find them on the sky mail website or from sky mail's support.

Hiya crazyman143, I have checked the settings and they all seem to be OK. It's strange really because it has only stopped working recently. I have been using gmail for some months now and the sky mail has been 'fetched' perfectly up until now.

After checking the sttings I now get a message that says "this account cannot be imported at the moment, please try again later" Is this somthing to do with the system?
Thanks for trying to help.

I would bet that it's more likely the problem lies with Sky mail than with gmail. I'm not familiar with sky mail but I know that with some services you also have to explicitly enable POP3 access. If you've checked that all of these settings are correct then you might have to contact sky's support to see if they can tell you why you cannot get POP3 access to your account.

I telephoned Sky this morning and they inform me that they discovered a bug in the system on August 18th and they are still trying to fix it.

At least I now know that it's not me that caused the problem!

Back
Top Bottom