error transferring files from mac hard disk to usb via lubuntu

matthijs07

Solid State Member
Hello!

I have put the hard disk drive from a mac laptop in my old acer laptop (of which the hard drive had crashed and i have it removed). Now i am running Lubuntu on it, booting from a cd for the moment. When running Lubuntu, i can enter and see all the files on the mac hard disk; i can see all the pictures, watch my clips etc. So i want to transfer them to a external hard disk (or usb) and save them on my pc (windows 10). But when doing so, i run into some errors.

When selecting just a few photo's or pdf-files, and copy them to my usb stick, everything is ok. I put the stick in my pc and everything is fine. When i want to copy a bit more, say a folder with 30 pictures, it just copies a part of it. Or, it copies everything, but i can't open them all. Some pictures are ok, but with some it says 'windows photo viewer can't open this picture because the file appears to be damaged, corrupted, or is to large' (also can't open it with other programs). If i select this same picture manually in Lubuntu, copy just this picture to my usb and put it in my pc, there is no problem.

Anyone knows what to do? I guess it has got to do something with the fact i am copying files from a mac drive via lubuntu?

Thanks!
Matthijs

Or the hard drive from the mac is failing on you. You could try using MacDrive. It's a software that will allow Windows to understand drives formatted for OSX. They have a 30 day trial that should be long enough for you to copy off your data.

Thanks Crazyman143. I thought about connecting the hard drive through an adapter to my pc, so i just downloaded that program this afternoon, to be sure i could go through the files. Will try it this week when i have the adapter.

Thanks for answering.

Back
Top Bottom