ERROR 0X81000005

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe70ss

Solid State Member
I have a dell studio 17 with a 240gb hard drive with a partition D of 10gb .Last BACKUP in December used 4.4gb with 5.6 gb free,now I cannot run a backup because of low disk space Thanks Pc uses Vista

Delete some of the old backups or get a external drive so you can continue making backups.

Can't you just view the drive and delete the files? What about going into the Control Panel under Backup and removing some old entries?

I just checked on my system and i can do it just fine. I dont know what your doing wrong since you dont give much information.

I see the old backup ,but with Vista I can not delete. I really do not know much about PC,maybe you type out some instruction Thanks

I keep on checking.still can NOT delete restore points od Drive D on my Dell pc with Vista home premium thanks

I don't think deleting the old backup is the right way to do this as you'll run into the same problem two backups later because the partition is so small. In order of best solution to worst;
Solution 1) get another drive and start doing backups to there
Solution 2) Increase the size of the D partition and continue backing up as normal
Solution 3) Remove the D partition and start backing up to C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom