Epson Ecotank Lines

Again if you have a cheap printer and buy the manufacturer's cartridges then it's usually just as cheap to buy a printer that comes with the trial cartridges and when they run out buy another cheap printer. I buy my cartridges off Ebay and they come in packs of 6 or more full sets. These are refilled by various vendors. I just go for the cheapest I can find. I have been doing this for twenty years or more. I even used to fill my own a long time ago but that was a very very messy job. So far I haven't had any problems with refilled cartridges. Printer manufacturers have tried and tried to stop this trade but so far they have failed. No doubt they will succeed at some point and then I will either give up printing or fill my own. The secret is to keep printing and also do not forget that every printer, no matter who makes it, has built in obsolescence. Epsons, for instance, will stop printing when the waste ink pads are full or when a certain number of sheets of paper have passed through the printer. You then get a box that says you need to take your printer to an authorised repair center, or words to that effect. Again it isn't worth it just buy a new printer it will be cheaper. You tube is an excellent source of info on how to "repair" printers if you actually want the hassle and the enthusiasm to deal with the mess inside the box.

Oh and just for info printer manufacturers do not make money selling printers. they make money selling cartridges.

Last edited:
If you don't absolutely require the need to print photos, a monochrome laser printer is the way to go.

I had photo quality inkjet printers for years and realized that I really never "needed" to print my photos. I experienced the same issues where I would need to print something but the print head would be clogged or an ink cartridge would be out. With inkjet printers it always seemed to require much effort on my part to print anything.

I bought a Brother monochrome laser printer and feel it was one of the best decisions I ever made. While it's true that a laser printer costs more than an inkjet to buy, it's operating cost on a per page basis is much lower. Not only that but my laser printer works first time every time. I never have to fiddle with it to get it to print like I always had to fo with my inkjets.

I switched to laser about 5 years ago and have never missed my old inkjet printers. I have never "needed" to print a photo but I figure if I ever "need" to print a photo, I could go somewhere to have them printed.

If printing photos is not a requirement for you, try a monochrome laser. If photo printing is a necessity for you, then look into a color laser. I don't have experience with a color laser so can't say whether it's a good replacement for an inkjet or not.

Again if you have a cheap printer and buy the manufacturer's cartridges then it's usually just as cheap to buy a printer that comes with the trial cartridges and when they run out buy another cheap printer. I buy my cartridges off Ebay and they come in packs of 6 or more full sets. These are refilled by various vendors. I just go for the cheapest I can find. I have been doing this for twenty years or more. I even used to fill my own a long time ago but that was a very very messy job. So far I haven't had any problems with refilled cartridges. Printer manufacturers have tried and tried to stop this trade but so far they have failed. No doubt they will succeed at some point and then I will either give up printing or fill my own. The secret is to keep printing and also do not forget that every printer, no matter who makes it, has built in obsolescence. Epsons, for instance, will stop printing when the waste ink pads are full or when a certain number of sheets of paper have passed through the printer. You then get a box that says you need to take your printer to an authorised repair center, or words to that effect. Again it isn't worth it just buy a new printer it will be cheaper. You tube is an excellent source of info on how to "repair" printers if you actually want the hassle and the enthusiasm to deal with the mess inside the box.

Oh and just for info printer manufacturers do not make money selling printers. they make money selling cartridges.

That is exactly right. But getting rid of printers would be a pain after awhile. That us why I opted for the Epson eco tank printer.

Back
Top Bottom