Epic storms in Perth...yay :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was actually a storm like this in Ontario in the Niagara peninsula about 7 years ago i believe it was, was one heck of a storm. Pretty crazy damage to that care Too!

Im with chris, that is one wicked *** picture, could you email or pm the original? If its not too much trouble.

Yeah but was England in drought when that happened? This broke a drought for us. Besides, England is used to rain.

Drought is stupid term, it's definition is not universal. A country may define drought as whatever they want :p

For us, i think it's 14 consecutive days with less than 0.2mm of rainfall. But no, we wern't in a drought.

But concidering most violent/strong downpoors are caused by prolonged high temperatures (and thus massive evaporation) it's almost inevitible a drought would end in heavy rainfall especially as perth is on the coast. All that evaporated waters gotta go somewhere, right ?

Still, i couldn't tell you why Australia/US receive such huge hail like that when we don't. The last time i saw any hail was over a year ago. Hailstones bigger than 0.5cm..uhm.. 6 or 7 years i'd guess.

This is what A Level geography does to me :cry:

England with no rain???? That's just not cricket!

Well actually, Leicester, England's annual rainfall in 2009 was 550mm, Sydneys annual rainfall is closer to 1200mm :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom