Enterprise at Michigan Tech

superman22x

Golden Master
So, here at Michigan Tech, we do this thing called enterprise instead of senior design if you are interested in that. They have Formula SAE where you build a mini formula car. Baja where you build a little baja car with a 10hp briggs and straton. Then there is an eco car, where GM donates a new Equinax and you have to get a lot of mileage out of it or build your own hybrid engine.
All these compete against other colleges. But there are a lot more that are just for research. Like Polaris might look at the suspension in the Baja, and so on. They are also sponsored usually.
My friend and I were thinking of trying to start one with drag racing... I think that would be fun. But we need a good reason, and a team. Finding the team would be easy, we have a year or two. Finding a good reason is tough though... Something with suspension maybe. And I know like Nitto sponsors a drag competition I think, so maybe we could get a tire company to sponsor us or something.

Got any input?

I went to Ohio State this summer and they showed their Formula SAE, baja, eco car, and Buckeye bullet 1 and 2. They asked if I was interested in helping work on one of the projects even though I was I high school. I had to decline because of distance issues.

New fuel technologies? As in water/meth injection, haha. Even though dragsters already use that...

One idea recommended by Corral.net was Grassroots motorsports. Georgia Tech does this. You get $200x depending on the year to build any car you want to go fast in the 1/4 mile and performance as well. That sounds cool to me. Georgia tech built a Miata with a Lexus V8. Junkyard horsepower.

I know they use meth injection, any alternative fuels. I'm sure you'd get sponsors for that.

Back
Top Bottom