Entering my first run...

GlasseyeUK

Daemon Poster
For those few that know me, since february last year I have lost over 7 stone (nearly 100lbs). I have always had this wish to do two things, the first is a freefall parachute jump, which I was always too heavy for, and the second was a marathon.

I have my eyes on the New York Marathon 2008, but first of all I need to enter some shorter runs, and events to get used to the atmosphere, the running style etc.

I have now entered and been accepted for the Great Manchester Run, which is only 10km and is on the 20th May 2007. I am quite excited about this and feel its going to a step in the right direction towards my goals for 2007.

Good luck with that man. Ive done the great north run 4 times now so you should do that one next. Also a tip for the New York marathon. Try not to be starting under the bridge, or ya might get some "golden" rain from above, if you know what i mean :)

I KNOW EXACLTY WHAT YOU MEAN!!!
ive lost a little over 50lbs last year and have kept it off...I entered a 5k in october but havent done any since...though I do run 3 miles a day 4-5 days a week...but its snowboarding season so no time for runs...hahaa ANYWAY GOOD LUCK!!!!

Congrats! I've lost a little over 25lbs in the past year and I wish I could say I was running and all that but yeah.. I may not be heavy anymore, but im still lazy lol.

hahaha lazy is no good...you really do real great after a nice work out whether it be soccer, running, snowboarding, lifting...anything...if its exercise its good for you and you feel good after.

Hey Glass, have you ever done any running that distance before?

its like 6.2 miles which isnt impossible but its kind of far if thats your first run and you normally dont run that far.

Back
Top Bottom