Enough RAM?

G9

Daemon Poster
I'm such a post whore. :p

Anyway, I went around counting how much RAM all my processes take... and it takes 0.39005GB. This may not seem like much, but it's not very far from half a gig!

Well, the point is... Counterspy is the major reason for this. Totalling all its processes, it runs at around 150,000K. Is .4GB too much for just background processes (I've got a total of 2GB RAM)? If so, bye bye CounterSpy and welcome back SpySweeper.

That's a HUGE amount of RAM for a program like that. Oblivion takes up around 500,000K. iTunes (which is a pretty big hog) is taking up about 50,000K for me. 150,000K for something like that is ridiculous.

150,000K is for multiple processes. There are two copies of sunThreatEngine.exe, and one SunProtectionServer.exe. This is in the processes tab.

Lol I have a few games that dont even take that up.

When temp internet files accumulate Opera does about 150, 180k. Then it crashes or I restart the browser and its all fine.

Anyways, for a program like that, yes way too much.

oh i see, i thought it was just one lol, its still a lot though i would delete that program or at least stop it running

Yeah... this is a trial. Should I just ditch out on the program, even though it performs better than SpySweeper?

Back
Top Bottom