English Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having played American football, I can tell you it ain't safe, even if you are padded to the moon. You have to have a love of the sport, and a good bit of bloodlust, to keep going in there and taking the punishment.

Nothing against soccer, though. Those guys are in great shape to run up and down the field like they do. I just prefer something more gladitorial.

Trotter said:
Having played American football, I can tell you it ain't safe, even if you are padded to the moon. You have to have a love of the sport, and a good bit of bloodlust, to keep going in there and taking the punishment.

Nothing against soccer, though. Those guys are in great shape to run up and down the field like they do. I just prefer something more gladitorial.

If only the Roman society had passed down gladiator fighting to modern times, eh? Criminals on death row aren't put to death, they're pitted against each other in a huge fiery pit. I like it.

thought i'd keep this thread alive...

another day of games in the premiership.

i woke up late so i was only able to catch the arsenal man city game, and it was great. i can't believe arsenal wasn't able to score.. but they look really good. i'm excited to see how they end up finishing this season.

manchester united is at the top!! i hope they can maintain it. for some reason i feel like this season is gonna be the best season ever!! as long as man U maintains their good record, so they can challenge chelsea... cuz last 2 seasons were only 'ok' cuz chelsea pretty much secured the title halfway through the season. i still stand behind my top 4 picks :D but i also see newcastle competing for a top 4 spot.

all 4 english teams are in the group stage of the champions league ( i believe the only country to have 4).

no.. i'm not letting this thread die, even if its JUST ME that posts in it :D

anyways.. so the transfer window closed today... and some big names flying around...

ashley cole FINALLY went to chelsea...

but the biggest news... westham picked up tevez and mescherano (spelling) from corinthians for an undisclosed amount... man i can't wait to see him in action in the premier league :D i remember chelsea had interest in him last year and corinthians said they're not letting him go for less than 60 million.. so umm.. i wonder how much westham got him for! probably less than that... but umm.. should be fun... BUT WHY IS THE PRICE UNDISCLOSED?!?!?! oh well.. hope to see them in action SOON!

My team isn't in the premiership but got 6 transfers (including Dwight Yorke) and won their first game last week and got a new legend as a manager (Roy Keane!)

Anyone guess who I support? :p

being a supporter of sunderland is nothing to be proud of :p

actually, a couple of years ago they came to Vancouver to play against the whitecaps.. i believe thats like one of the highest profile teams to come here :p anyways.. ya.. didn't they break some record for most losses, or least points, or something like that in the premiership..ya.. but umm.. i think they'll get promoted again..

yes but we don't want to confuse the americans here with the sport that is played with their hands which they call 'football'.

but umm.. the worldcup was awesome! donno what you're talkin about :p

bad news guys...

there will be no soccer tomorrow due to euro 2008 qualifications. SUCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom