English only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now hold on guys. Im a third gen immigrant, meaning my family came over to america not all that long ago. < 100 years. That said, yes, I am a natural born american citizen.

I have no problem with anybody coming to america in search of a better life. Better job, better education, healthcare, whatever. That does not bother me one bit. Like lady liberty says at her base, bring me your sick, your poor, your destitute.

As for them not speaking english, I tend to be a little bit more lenient because it does take some time to learn english. Im gonna say about a year to learn conversational english. Much more than that is really kind of inexcusable.

What does bother me is the changing of our culture and customs. I will say the pledge in english, I will hear the national anthem in english, and I will fly the stars and stripes as it is today. My granddad bled for that flag, and Ill be damned if I will let it be in vain. Personally, I will not converse with anyone in any other language, because thats the only language I know. Its not ignorance on my part, ive never had to use another one, and while im in my country, I will stick with the language spoken there.

As for america hurting somebodys feelings when they get here, bugger off.

And yes, when in France, or Germany, or any other country for that matter, we are required by the populace to have a knowledge of their language. They will not change for us.

Not to be racist, but I have always felt it to be an infraction on my rights as a employee or an employer. That in my state if you speak Spanish it is a "+", like for like I will lose because I don't speak Spanish.

I speak conversational German, is that deserving of taking of giving a job to someone that does not speak german even if they are more qualfied. But that does nothing unless you work for Disney, this does not mean in some trades there are inherant needs to speak another language. I realize that English is not the official language, but it has been the naturalized language of America over 200 years. So to me english should be respected as our national language even if it is not on paper.

hillbillybob said:
Now hold on guys. Im a third gen immigrant, meaning my family came over to america not all that long ago. < 100 years. That said, yes, I am a natural born american citizen.

I have no problem with anybody coming to america in search of a better life. Better job, better education, healthcare, whatever. That does not bother me one bit. Like lady liberty says at her base, bring me your sick, your poor, your destitute.

As for them not speaking english, I tend to be a little bit more lenient because it does take some time to learn english. Im gonna say about a year to learn conversational english. Much more than that is really kind of inexcusable.

What does bother me is the changing of our culture and customs. I will say the pledge in english, I will hear the national anthem in english, and I will fly the stars and stripes as it is today. My granddad bled for that flag, and Ill be damned if I will let it be in vain. Personally, I will not converse with anyone in any other language, because thats the only language I know. Its not ignorance on my part, ive never had to use another one, and while im in my country, I will stick with the language spoken there.

As for america hurting somebodys feelings when they get here, bugger off.

And yes, when in France, or Germany, or any other country for that matter, we are required by the populace to have a knowledge of their language. They will not change for us.

Well said. I also have a problem with people from other countries coming here and trying to make America "more like their homeland" Well, if your homeland is so great, why did you come here? I understand wanting to keep your native culture, but do it in by starting a business that caters exclusively to your native people. Don't expect the local school to teach your language just because you can't or won't learn English.

jseber1982 said:
our national anthem is sung in spanish,, and the words are changed... cant do the pledge of allegiance in schools because minorities are offended.. Eventually they will want to change or sensor the star spangle banner.

I am so racist towards illegals, i hate them so much.

You go to a buss stop... trash everywhere and crappy looking... look who is waiting for the bus,, latinos.,

I went through a crappy part of dc the other day, i was like ewwww there is trash all over the side of the road,,, latinos.

They dont embrace this country. They are only here for there own good, not the good of the country.

Im glad i work for boeing lol. We have the new secure border project

Baahahaha. Everything you said is so true. I'm moving soon, and there's a lot of crap I have to take to the landfill, and on the road there I see all sorts of "latinos" dumping their trash on the side of the road because they're too lazy to drive another mile. I mean, I can understand dumping your CRT on the way out because they try and charge to dump those, but these guys get rakes and just dump heaps of trash in someones yard.

I watch the news on TV and there are always traffic accidents and shootings and stabbings and such, and it's always "the suspect, Hernando Rivera" or "Roberto Guadalupe and his family of 17 kids, 10 pregnant daughters and 7 sons, all having different last names... died last night as he drove his broken down Ford Astrovan that had shiney chrome rims on it ... into a tree, all 19 were killed" or "a liquor owner was held up at gun point today by a man named Jose de Jesus Garza. He fled the scene and hasn't been since. Police say he is a hispanic man (O RLY?) about 5 feet tall with dark hair and weighs about 125 pounds." Gee, that really narrows it down. :rolleyes:

I don't care if people want to move here for a better life or whatever they want to move here for, but learn English, get a job and do something with yourselves. Don't expect us to learn spanish for you, don't dump trash on the side of the road, don't break the law, don't drive nasty broken down vans or cars, don't drive 3 miles per hour of the freeway because you don't want to get pulled over because you aren't supposed to be in this country.

I've had my fill of ranting for the day.

Wait, no just a bit more:

superdave1984 said:
Well, if your homeland is so great, why did you come here?

EXACTLY! All these Mexicans I see with Mexican flags and what not, dude we even have an unofficial Mexican Pride parade where I live. It's total BS! If Mexico is so great, WHY DID YOU COME HERE, AND WHY DON'T YOU GO LIVE THERE?!

Okay. Now I'm done. :)

exactly, i dont unerstand the flag crap either.. They had a meet here in DC a few months back.. They were all staged because they love this country so much.. but yet they were all flying mexican flags and not american.... If you want to be part of america and embrace this country, then fly a **** american flag and dont shout about how you hate americans

My company has a project,, it is unclassified.

across the entire border, they are employing motion detectors, IR detectors, radars, and seismic detectors, all to find people borderjumping..

I personally think that a wall would work better like the great wall of china, but it would cost too much and take a long time. Only thing i wonder is.... yea when they find somebody trying to cross the border,, who ware they gunna find to catch them
They should mount 50cal cannons on top of the fence every 1 mile that has auto targeting that locks onto heat sorces a certain size that are on top of the fence.... then they would be wrapping thereselves in frozen clothes lol....

Maybe America has just forgotten its past, but the idea of a parade for one group of people isn't a new thing. During the boom years of immigration and such, parades were put on for other races, too, such as the Irish and German immigrants. The purpose of the parade wasn't to get everyone to convert to their race, though.

The difference is, today "tolerance" seems to mean "convert everything."

I have no problem with other races in the US having national pride for their home country. But I do have a problem with cultural sterilization, or the act of putting that race's language and customs on everything American.

If you don't know English...LEARN IT. You're in America, where we speak English. If you go to another country that doesn't speak your language, that country shouldn't have to change everything to be in your language. Work a little.

What encouragement is there to learn English, when everything has both Spanish and English on it?

If you really want to be here, show it by maybe learning some of OUR culture, customs, and language. You are in our country, after all. Hopefully we'd have the same respect, when in yours.

And seriously...if you're here illegally...shut up or get out. You have no say. You don't get to run from your country's problems, just to come and bytch here. If you want fair treatment and benefits, become a citizen. Duh. We may be a charity nation, but this isn't your country, and there are no free rides.

Our local paper lists general sessions cases every week. Without fail, EVERY week there is a hispanic person busted for no drivers license, no vehicle registration, and no insurance. They also have at least three a month in for bad checks, eviction, and other bad debts. They come, get a job, rent a house, get a used car from a stupid car dealer that does their own financing, then three months befroe they go back, they quit paying all their bills, skip out of the country with the car and whatever furniture they rented from rent-a-center. And there's not a thing that the police can do about it. This is a small town, around 15,000 people (about 500 of which are hispanic). Just from reading the newspaper I would say that over half the crime here is committed by hispanic people. If they get busted, since they are here illegally, they get sent home. Big deal. Then they just come back in a different part of the country and do it all again. My question is this: If they are here ILLEGALLY, shouldn't that be a crime and subject to getting tossed in prison? Instead they are sent back to whereverthehell they came from.

ShoobieRat said:
We may be a charity nation, but this isn't your country, and there are no free rides.

Unfortunetly, many are given free rides, and we are paying for them.:angry:

Many go to school for free and get special treatment when it comes to taxes. Charity should begin at home, we need to start worrying more about our own people, and less about how to accomadate immigrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom