End Coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

Slacking Guru
Ok I am taking an intro to software development class. we will be going thru the programming cycle.. but not the end coding?

Why? is that so much more detail?

I know... I know... ask the professor... but the guy wrote a book and is in love with himself. he won't even release the power slides to the class.......

It's not possible to have any kind of introduction to software development unless you develop some code.

I agree but from what is explained he is the only one on campus letting his students do the coding... he explained he would not let us do the end coding....

he explained the class use just be about logic.

what is the end or (en) coding?

is there that much more to it?

if we are creating a program that you can execute isn't it complete?

is there a difference? End Coding and Encoding?

EDIT

I am pretty sure there is... I may not know what it is....

Just trying to understand why we would stop at the last step of the cycle and is it that much more detail?

I ask b/c I am wondering if it i something I can pick up on my own

I think you've got yourself a bit confused, as far as I know there is no such thing as "End Coding". I assumed from your context that you meant "the coding of the application" but now it seems like you don't really know what you mean either?

Not hard to confuse myself... I stay in that state!

What I am trying to understand is why stop there? Why not teach the entire cycle.

Is encoding the program that difficult? and is there a good site that provides a good overview of it.. google search did not return much info.. Professor replied by email stating he does not get ahead of the class and I would have to wait.....

Using Raptor for flow charts and Visual Basic 10...

If I am still confusing you... sorry about that! But thanks for attempting to help!:thumbsup:

Edit-- I think I might be on to something... operator error when it comes to google search..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom