Emule message: Your 23681 port is not reachable

Status
Not open for further replies.

davesutton

Solid State Member
Hi, When trying to access some servers on EMule i get the following message: Your 23681 port is not reachable. Please review your network config. Does anyone know what this is and what i have to do to sort it out. Alternatively can anyone point me in a direction to find an answer. Hope you can help me, Dave

are you behind a firewall or gateway of somesort that uses NAT and port forwarding? sounds like you need to forward port 23681 to your computer.

I am very greatful for the reply, but due to lack of computer knowledge am still a bit confused, I am running Norton Internet security and spybot, MS antispy on XP, ihave tried right clicking and disabling norton and then connecting to an emule server but got the same message.
What is a gateway that uses NAT and port forwarding?
How do i forward port 23681 to my computer?

perhaps you could post how you are connecting to the internet from your house. dsl modem? cable modem? if so, do you have a small device connected in between your dsl or cable modem and your computer? please specify all devices involved in your internet connection and their make and model numbers.

Yes we would need a bit more information about your setup to pin point the problem. Basically it is saying this port is locked so please open me if you want me to work! :) We can open the port no problem, but need to know how to go about doing so.

Hi, I am using a BT Voyager 205 ADSL Router (Serial:0503015548T), (Ethernet MAC Addtr:MAC:0011F5-3FF11B). Linked to the PC by USB (as ethernet not possible). a friend mentioned different IP addresses and opening ports. but he was a bit unclear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom