embezzlement

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he gets caught how does he think he's going to get a job? His managers can trash him to every other store they know and really mess up his chances of re employment, plus he'll have a criminal record for work place theft. The problem with criminals like him is that there's always "one last time."

If his managers and coworkers are anything less than complete morons they surely already suspect him. This stuff is incredibly easy to track and link back to him.

"Embezzlement is such an ugly word... I prefer to use 'creative accounting'."
~One of my wife's accounting professors

ok, so my friend works for a retail store. he gets 25% off store items. he buys a 200$ item for 150, and since the store has a no reciept get store credit policy, he gets a freind to return it for 200, making 50$ in store credit. then uses that 200 store credit to rebuy said 200$ item for 150, making 50 each time. im trying to convinve him its dumb, but im actually curious. and he knows if caught he'd be fired, thats not the question. so is this embezzlement or illegal in any way?

Good luck to him. Doing that will start to lead to inconsitancies in stock and money. Accounting might not catching it straight away, but they will see it. Especially if they do a stocktake. Or if some one starts looking throw the MYOB Audit Trails.

If your friend had the same knowledge that i have with POS, Accounting Software and Inventory Management, he's most likely going to find that he will be better off just stealing stock as appose to doing this over silliness. Last least if you steal the goods, there is no paper trail.

"Embezzlement is such an ugly word... I prefer to use 'creative accounting'."
~One of my wife's accounting professors

Same with stealing things from work. I tend to use the phrase "Inventory Adjustment"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom