Email problem and cookies settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrook

Solid State Member
Hi,

I am experiencing difficulties with sending attachments from my browser, but IÂ’ve noticed the same thing occurs when reinstalling the same browser or using another one. I believe the main reason for the problem is cookies not being accepted so it is a general issue affecting one particular thing I have noticed. Also, it is only a problem on my PC as it works fine on another computer with any browser.

Basically, when I compose a new message in Yahoo mail, and attach a file, when I click on attach file, it comes to this page asking me to log in again!

B Why am I being asked for my password?
To protect your account, you need to confirm your password periodically. Some Yahoo! services, such as Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Address Book, require you to periodically enter your password even though you are already signed in. We do this to protect your personal information. You can adjust the length of time before password prompting--up to 24 hours--by visiting Account Info and clicking on the Edit link for Member Information. (more) For your security, we will always prompt you for your password when accessing sensitive personal information, like Account Info. Only one account can be signed in at a time. If you're not "danielcrook21", sign in with your own ID.

It says this is periodic but IÂ’ve never come across it before. After having logged in, it goes back to the attaching files page. I then select the file to attach and it then attaches them successfully. But when I click on Continue to Message to go back to the email, the following message appears saying that my login session has expired!

Your login session has expired. Why does my session expire? Login sessions expire for two reasons. For your security, your Yahoo! Mail session expires a maximum of twenty-four hours after you have logged in. If you have chosen in your Yahoo! User Information (found be visiting "My Account" next to the Yahoo! Mail logo at the top of this page) to be prompted for a password more frequently than every day, your session will expire after the specified amount of time. If you do not accept the cookies set on login or your computer is not configured to accept cookies, your session will expire almost immediately. We use cookies (small pieces of site information) to assist us in user authentication and in saving configuration information. Cookies are required for Yahoo! Mail. If you see this message immediately after logging in, you should check the following: Check to see that your computer system time is accurate. Cookies are time sensitive and may not work if your computer date is incorrect by a large amount. Make sure that your browser is configured to accept cookies or that you agree to accept cookies during the login process. Turn off any third party programs or control panels that automatically reject cookies. Re-login to Yahoo! Mail

Does anyone know why this is occurring or anything I can check? For Internet Explorer, privacy is set to Medium, cookies are accepted. For Mozilla Firefox, in Options, cookies are set to be allowed. Has something been deleted that I need to replace? Have I disabled something? I have been told that when using more than browser, they can be related to each other in terms of cookies and these kind of settings.

I appreciate any help.

Regards.

Daniel.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately this has not solved the problem.
Anyone else got any other suggestions?

Regards.

Daniel.

Set everything to default in your privacy settings or put the website url in the safe zone, close IE and open it back up. Are you using a firewall?

Hi,

Thanks again for your reply.
I have tried setting everything to default in privacy settings for Internet Explorer. But the same problem is occurring in Mozilla Firefox.
I can't even pick up attachments properly in Internet Explorer! It says "Done" at the bottom of the page after a while, but the page still shows "attaching files". I leave it for while but it just seems to get stuck on this....

Yes, I am behind a firewall... Kerio Personal.

Hope you can still help.

Regards.

Daniel.

Kerio may be blocking it. Have you checked the settings in there? Has this problem happened before you installed Kerio?

No this problem did not happen before or even after installing Kerio. It is quite a new problem.... for the last week or so actually.....
Anyway, what settings could I check just to make sure?

I was thinking... could this general problem have been caused by entering a website or web page where cookies were rejected?

Regards.

Daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom