eMachines T1100, T1105

Dustin_Broke1

In Runtime
I' am actualy confused on this but I currently own the eMachines T1100 desktop tower and I noticed that it normaly came with 128mb ram. Now my question is that when I went to some memory sites it says this machine can only go upto 256mb and some says 512mb. Now I looked up the T1105 that is like mine but just had 256mb already installed and they says it goes upto 512mb. Both the T1100 and T1105 is the same machine since the specs are the same but just one has added more ram so wont both go upto 512mb max?

Personally i'd put 2 X 512MB RAM in there. I've used more than half a GB SDRAM on past motherboards without a hitch and there's loads of SDRAM on eBay.

EDIT:

Just had a look and apparently it won't boot with too much memory!?! And the max is 256MB.

But single sided memory is what you need if you want 512MB. Double sided memory won't work.

So if I got 2 sets of 256mb ram for the T1105 PC will they work fine on the T1100 that I have? So then it would go upto total of 512mb. I know that both machines use PC100 type ram.

So if I got 2 sets of 256mb ram for the T1105 PC will they work fine on the T1100 that I have?

Yes. As long as they are single-sided RAM. From what i've seen that motherboard doesn't like dual-sided RAM when using more than 256MB.

Ok that's good now my other question is according on the specs I see it said the desktop has a AGP 2X. But does that mean that there is an AGP 2X slot to add a video card? Since if so why I only see 3 PCI slots since isn't AGP is color brown not white?

All 3 slots are white color so I just don't understand why does it says I have AGP 2X on the specs.

Heres the specs

Product MPN
MPN T1100
Key Features
Form Factor Tower
Processor Intel Celeron 1 GHz
Installed Memory 128 MB (SDRAM)
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
HDD Size 20 GB
Optical Drive Type CD-ROM • CD Burner
Recommended Use Home Use, Business
Processor
Processor Type Intel Celeron
Processor Speed 1 GHz
Processor Manufacturer Intel
Processor Upgradability Upgradable
Max Processors Qty. 1
Motherboard
Bus Speed 100 MHz
Video Output Interface AGP 2x
Memory
RAM Technology SDRAM
Installed RAM 128 MB
Max Supported RAM 256 MB
Installed Cache Memory 128 KB
Hard Drive
Hard Drive Capacity 20 GB
Hard Drive Interface DMA/ATA-66 (Ultra)
CD / DVD
Optical Drive Type CD-RW
Optical Drive Read Speed 2x (DVD)
Other Drives
Floppy Drive 3.5" 1.44 MB floppy
Audio / Video
Audio Output Type Sound Card
Max. Video Resolution 1600 x 1200
Modem
Modem Type Fax / Modem
Dimensions
Width 7.01 in.
Depth 14.5 in.
Height 14.26 in.
Weight 22.49 lb.
Warranty
Warranty 1 Year
Miscellaneous
OS Certified Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Product ID 20146299
Family Line eMachines T

AGP 2X just means that the AGP slot on the motherboard is 2 X AGP 1.0 standard. AGP 1.0 speed is 266MB/s so your AGP slot can work at a maximum of 533MB/s.

You have just one AGP slot and the rest will be 133MB/s PCI slots.

So that means I should have a total of 4 slots all together right since one should be AGP? But I only see 3 slots and all are white.

Heres a pic of the slots.

Picture032.jpg

Your right.

You don't have any AGP slots there, just PCI, so the motherboard must have on-board graphics.

It means the on-board GPU connects to the chipset via a AGP 2X link.

Pretty much the same as having an AGP X2 slot on the motherboard and using a off-board graphics card, it would connect to the chipset @ X2 AGP spec.

Back
Top Bottom