eMachines Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronco Rox said:
there you should check to see if they seated correctly. you might have to switch some of them around like i had to get the computer started but i did it with a price. my light to my power button burnt out :(

When you say "switch some of them around" what exactly do you mean. I thought that the specific wires could only go in the specific spots. I found the power cable was the black one as it had "PWR" on it. But wouldn't wire have to go back into the same spot?

Here is the link to the mobo manual.

ftp://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/D845GVSR/SR_English.pdf

On page 31-32 it gives the directions for hooking up the power wire. I have 1 and 3 hooked up. 2 and 4 hooked up. And then 6 and 8 should be the power. 5 and 7 and also 9 do not have anything hooked up to them and from what I can tell never did as I do not see a wire for them.

If its the actual power button thats damaged, then you could connect the reset button to it instead, it just means you would be pressing the reset button to turn the computer on. Not the best fix, but its a workaround.

Raffaz said:
If its the actual power button thats damaged, then you could connect the reset button to it instead, it just means you would be pressing the reset button to turn the computer on. Not the best fix, but its a workaround.

I do not see a reset switch on the front of the PC. Just a power button. Here is a pic of the front of it.

Pictures.jpg

Looks like your screwed mate, did you definately test the mobo properly when i said to short the 2 power pins on the mobo?

Raffaz said:
Looks like your screwed mate, did you definately test the mobo properly when i said to short the 2 power pins on the mobo?

Yeah, I took a screwdriver and and touched both pins. Nothing happened.

If you definately shorted the correct 2 pins, and ya mobo was connected properly etc, and it never powered up at all, then it sounds like ya mobo is gone (providing you know for definate that its a working PSU aswell, test it on another machine if possible). Just another point aswell, this info is based on everything been correctly setup etc, as i cant see your pc, so i can only assume things.

I am going to work on it a little more this weekend. As far as I know everything is set up correctly as it was working for my sister in law a few days prior.

Vandiyan said:
I am going to work on it a little more this weekend. As far as I know everything is set up correctly as it was working for my sister in law a few days prior.
Yeah, but you have been working on it since mate. Just check and double check everything.

also, give new ram a try, its possable that this could have been fried as well. Look for buldging capacitors on the motherboard. These normally look like soup cans. if the top or the sides are buldging, your mother board is failing/has failed.

Very possibly blown capacitors on the motherboard as well, as that being a T2000 series model, there were all kinds of bad juju about motherboards purchased by eMachines before the Gateway buyout...."better" quality boards started to appear on eMachines PCs after that time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom