eMachines - BIG Lie

rogerio1

Beta member
I bought a eMachines E4028 less than a year ago and I was really happy with the machine's performance in general, I was using the machine to surf the internet and play music.
I Found out using the software EVEREST Ultimate Edition 2006 (Ver. 3.50.761) the motherboard was a Intel (Augsburg) D915GAG. website
As you can see in Intel's website, it's really clear. The motherboard comes with 1 PCI Express x16.
Well, my big problem is: I like games, then I bought a Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro (PCI Express x16) by internet a week ago and I just got it today. I was really exited to play Half Life 2 and FarCry that I bought specially to play with my new video card. Because I never had any problem with the computer before, I thought that was no problem to violate the guarantee seal, once I just had less than a mounth to end the period.
When I opened the computer I looked the motherboard to my surprise: my motherboard didn't have the PCI Express slot.
What should I do now? I violated the guarantee sealing, but with this, I found out that my computer is a fraud.

no, its not a fraud. The motherboard supports a pci-express 16x slot, but eMachines usually custom orders their motherboards to achieve their specs and prices. By taking out the pci-express slot, it drives down the costs of the motherboard. So you weren't cheated, unless the specifications of the computer given to you by eMachines states that it includes a pci-express 16x slot.

And the moral of the story is dont rely on what ya think you have in the computer. Open it up and have a look before ya waste x amount of money on parts. I mean if ya had spent 2 mins having a look, you could have saved all these problems now.

ownage said:
So you weren't cheated, unless the specifications of the computer given to you by eMachines states that it includes a pci-express 16x slot.

exactly. If they didn't tell you there is a pci-e x16 slot then you can't say they lied to you. They never mentioned anything about a pci-e 16x slot, right?

here are the specs for his computer.

CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 519 (64-bit with Intel® EM64T)
(1MB L2 cache, 3.06GHz, 533MHz FSB)
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Chipset: Intel® 915GV
Memory: 512MB DDR (2 × 256MB), 400MHz Dual Channel
Expandable to 2GB
Hard Drive: 200GB (7200rpm, Serial ATA, 8MB Cache)2
Optical Drive: 16x DVD±RW Multi Format Double Layer Drive
Media Reader: 8-in-1 Digital Media Manager™ (Secure Digital™ (SD), Smart Media, Micro Drive, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO, Compact Flash, Multimedia Card, USB 2.0)
Video: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 (GMA900)
Up to 224MB shared video memory
Sound: High Definition 6-Channel (5.1) Audio
Network: Intel® PRO 10/100Mbps Ethernet LAN
Modem: 56K ITU V.92-Ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Premium Multimedia Keyboard, 2-Button Wheel Mouse, Amplified Stereo Speakers
Ports/Other: 5 USB 2.0 ports (1 in Media Reader, 4 in back), 1 VGA External Connector, 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, 5 Audio-In & Out
Dimensions: 362mm (H) x 184mm (W) x 406mm (D)

emachines are the worst computers ever, they use powersupplies that must be made out of old aluminum cans and christmas lights because i've had two abd noth have literally gone up in flame, almost caught my room on fire, and they go for cheap cheap cheap by taking out the gpu adapters, both mine supported agp 8x but the plgs were removed lol only leaving the bare prongs.

Back
Top Bottom