Electronic Cigarettes

Actually, I was speaking on a second hand term. It's been studied and found that it doesn't harm second hand people. It's like going through some fog IF you actually get hit with it. Usually it almost instantly goes away.

Edit: Also, if you inhale anything that isn't regular air, you're going to have airway resistance. Kind of a stupid term to linger on IMO. I have airway resistance from sucking in helium from a balloon to talk funny. Yet that's socially acceptable.

I honestly think people will just ***** to *****. I know some people who don't even want smoking areas and think smokers should just quit cold turkey. Ok, stop driving your car cold turkey, it kills my lungs when your POS puts out smoke with my windows open (just an example). Oh wait, you can't stop driving your car for whatever reason? Is it an addiction? People who smoke and went to vaping are either trying to quit, or are trying to make their habit more socially acceptable which I deem worthy of applause being a non-smoker myself. I've been around chain smokers all my life, and I try NOT to have friends that smoke for this reason. Yet, being at Quakecon I was around a lot of vapers (e-cig users) this year and I found it a much better experience than standing around a bunch of regular smokers. I also did not mind seeing people doing it in the BYOC, where there is hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment, usually mine included.

Last edited:
Most companies explicitly disallow the use of ecigs indoors, but some don't. If it's a problem I would suggest taking it to the guy or to his boss.

If this was in his home or the pub or club or outside of work, I would not mind. There are just some thing one should not do in the work place

Smoker here, two packs a day on average, as was my friend. He managed to cough the money up and switch to those e-cigs. Needless to say, according to him, he feels a whole lot better, capable of running further, and is able to do more. I borrowed his cartridges and such for a month, and I felt amazing... Switched back to my regular smokes and, well, feel like crap again.

Sorry, but even if they are harmful, there is no way, what so ever, that an e-cig is more harmful than a traditional cigarette, especially when it comes to second/third hand smoke...

Also, I agree, that while on the clock, do not be putting an e-cig in your mouth, don't do it in the building, take it outside. Most people still flip out, and it at least shuts them the hell up. My workplace in particular doesn't care if you have an e-cig in the breakroom, but if caught on the salesfloor unless you are a customer, your wrote up. Customers are just asked to put the device away or take it to a bathroom or outside.

Smoker here, two packs a day on average, as was my friend. He managed to cough the money up and switch to those e-cigs. Needless to say, according to him, he feels a whole lot better, capable of running further, and is able to do more. I borrowed his cartridges and such for a month, and I felt amazing... Switched back to my regular smokes and, well, feel like crap again.

Sorry, but even if they are harmful, there is no way, what so ever, that an e-cig is more harmful than a traditional cigarette, especially when it comes to second/third hand smoke...

Also, I agree, that while on the clock, do not be putting an e-cig in your mouth, don't do it in the building, take it outside. Most people still flip out, and it at least shuts them the hell up. My workplace in particular doesn't care if you have an e-cig in the breakroom, but if caught on the salesfloor unless you are a customer, your wrote up. Customers are just asked to put the device away or take it to a bathroom or outside.
In a work place like Walmart or fast food/restaurant that makes sense. But what I was assuming, was PC work.

Back
Top Bottom