Electronic Cigarettes

You mean rocket fuel isn't good for you? :p Pry healthier than Redbull or any energy drink, lol.

Lol, well... the FDA has labeled those chemicals safe for ingestion... Your digestive system can handle small amounts of those chemicals... Your lungs, on the other hand, don't have any type of digestive properties. What you inhale goes directly to your blood stream. Anything that can't be absorbed sticks in your lungs.

It doesn't matter where the juice comes from, the ingredients are pretty much rock solid across the board. The levels of each ingredient will vary from vendor to vendor, but e-juice is still mostly comprised of otherwise toxic chemicals.

Lol, well... the FDA has labeled those chemicals safe for ingestion... Your digestive system can handle small amounts of those chemicals... Your lungs, on the other hand, don't have any type of digestive properties. What you inhale goes directly to your blood stream. Anything that can't be absorbed sticks in your lungs.

It doesn't matter where the juice comes from, the ingredients are pretty much rock solid across the board. The levels of each ingredient will vary from vendor to vendor, but e-juice is still mostly comprised of otherwise toxic chemicals.
So is tobacco, and more so mass produced tobacco.

I don't think anybody here is trying to say vaping is 100% healthy, but it is by far a lot better than smoking a regular tar stick.

Right, but what I'm saying is that there may be no real advantage to having one over the other.

e-cigarettes are more socially acceptable, I wouldn't call them a healthy alternative.

I would consider no yellow stains on your walls, not needing to step outside on scorching or freezing temps to smoke, a lot less risk (or none) of specific cancers induced by cigs, not smelling like an ashtray, and not having terrible breath real advantages.

They may not be major advantages in health, but so far there is nothing proving either way. Non-smokers like myself consider the above to be great advantages. If all my smoking friends and family turned to vaping I wouldn't mind being around them.

Funny I see thread on this and I had a bit an experience today.

Here I am working and one of my client that my co-worker was server had this one guy smoking an e-cig. I found this behaviour quite offensive as to me not only was he smoking in doors, but he was smoking indoors at work. After all, our work does have outdoor smoking areas. And E-cig or not, he should be smoking that out there as appose inside.

Sure you might argue that it's not smoke and that he is not breaking any laws by smoking this e-cig indoor at work. However it was just play rude in my opinion.

If this was in his home, in the street or in a club, I wouldn't of mind. However in the work place I would expect people to follow the norms.

However it was just play rude in my opinion.

I think the stigma of seeing someone with a "thing" in their mouth and exhaling "stuff" that looks like smoke will stick with people for a while, but at the rate things are going and depending on how safe they can declare e-cigs, I wouldn't think it should be much different in a work place than chewing gum.

Most companies explicitly disallow the use of ecigs indoors, but some don't. If it's a problem I would suggest taking it to the guy or to his boss.

Here I am working and one of my client that my co-worker was server had this one guy smoking an e-cig. I found this behaviour quite offensive as to me not only was he smoking in doors, but he was smoking indoors at work. After all, our work does have outdoor smoking areas. And E-cig or not, he should be smoking that out there as appose inside.

Sure you might argue that it's not smoke and that he is not breaking any laws by smoking this e-cig indoor at work. However it was just play rude in my opinion.

If this was in his home, in the street or in a club, I wouldn't of mind. However in the work place I would expect people to follow the norms.

Do these e-cigs stink? does the vapor (smoke) linger and hang in the air?
Why are you offended? is there something in particular other than your attitude that these things offend you?

Do these e-cigs stink? does the vapor (smoke) linger and hang in the air?
Why are you offended? is there something in particular other than your attitude that these things offend you?
+1

What's the big deal? It's vapor, it doesn't stink, it doesn't linger, and it's harmless to you and everything around him. People move to vaping simply because they don't want to go stand out in the weather (whatever it may be) to have a smoke. There are actually companies that are trying to ban vaping indoors and I sat here wondering to myself whatever could be the actual problem. So please explain to me why this is so offensive, besides thinking he should move it outdoors with the stinky ****s essentially wasting the reason to move over to the e-cig.

Electronic Cigarettes Harm The Lungs

They found that using an e-cigarette caused an instant increase in airway resistance that lasted for 10 minutes in the majority of the participants. Below are some of their findings:
Non-smokers - even among lifetimes non-smokers, using an e-cigarette for ten minutes raised their airway resistance to 206% from 182% (mean average); the researchers described this as a "significant increase".

Current regular smokers - among existing regular smokers, the spirometry tests revealed a significant rise in airway resistance to 220%, from 176% after using one e-cigarette for ten minutes.

COPD and Asthma patients experienced no significant increase in airway resistance from using one e-cigarette for ten minutes.

knowing this, I support them not allowing e cigs at a workplace. Of course E cigs have not been extensively studied as they are kind of new, but I think that is enough for e cigs to not be allowed

Back
Top Bottom