electricals in other countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwest

Baseband Member
right, i bought a logitech dinovo edge off american ebay, but it charges off the mains, so question is will it be alright in an english socket, (with a american/english socket plug adaptor thing)? beacuse a friend of mine bought ipod speakers from US and then he plugged them in to UK mains and they got fried...any thoughts?

the power adapter is fine it takes the brtiish voltage down to the US standard or something like that.

does it tho, cos id assume thats why these speakers got fried.
gurusan, what if it doesnt accept 220-240v?

thanks

It will say on the back if it does....otherwise your only option is to get a step-down transformer...and they are usually expensive.

like this one...see how it says 100-240
AD-0910.jpg

The adapterσ are different from Europe to US. Ιn Europe the Voltage is 220V and in US it is 110V if I am right. Furthermore, adapters in Europe are Eliptic while in US are symetric. There are converters for 110Voltage adapters to work for 220V but adapters to do the opposite are rare.

Since 1960s power networks changed in whole europe to become more modern and effective.

The other thing that you have to watch is frequency.

I know a lot of countries use 50 Hz power. The US uses 60 Hz power. The adapter gurusan shows lists 50/60 Hz, so it would be good pretty much anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom