Electric Motor

Juice1

Fully Optimized
Anyone have knowledge in electric motors? I need help with this motor...

Its a 12amp motor, (for lawn mower) it doesnt work obviously. When I turn it on, it trips the main fuse in the garage. If i turn it on really quick it just dims the lights then trips the fuse after like a second. The motor doesnt spin at all when i turn it on, just trips right a away.

I tried taking the wires offf and blowing air in the motor but no luck.

It probably has a burnt commutator and/or brushes. If you can open it up, you can usually clean the com and replace the brushes if you have a place nearby that sells parts for electric motors.

The copper in the motor proably melted and got stuck on the magnetic arc causing a short. I run electric Team Reedy motors and this happens once in a blue moon or so.

Huh, I never had a Reedy seize up like that. But then, I haven't really ran alot of Reedy's. I've ran mostly Fantom and Lightspeed motors.

Idk. But i still run brushed motors since I have no money right now. I just through out my 7 turn double because it it started to short and spark. And the PulseR 10 turn copper melted when my speed control started going bad.
So...

It probably has a burnt commutator and/or brushes. If you can open it up, you can usually clean the com and replace the brushes if you have a place nearby that sells parts for electric motors.

Yeah the com could be gone. If it has unfortunately theres not alot you can salvage

So should I just take it apart and clean everything and put it back?

Not to sure what that may accomplish, but at this point, you have nothing to lose. Get your self some emery paper to clean up the com and give the brush ends a nice going over.

Back
Top Bottom