Elder Scrolls Online for PS4/Xbox One

Combat feels fine to me but might be wonky to you

The good thing about the PS4 is the Shareplay. If you ever want to give ESO a shot (or anyone else for that matter) just hit me up and I'll let you play for a bit
this is also the fastest way to give your ps4 herpes

I'm on the fence with this one. This is the new flavor of the week with the main core of my online buddies, and they're all egging me to pick it up. I just have a sneaky feeling that if I do, two months from now I'll be the only one still playing. Happened two straight years with Call of Duty, and it happened with Destiny and both expansions.

Anyone see this as a game that they would possibly be interested in long term? If so, why? Also, how serious is the community? In other words, is it one of those games where you need to be playing constantly to keep up pace with everyone, or can you enjoy it at your own leisure and still have fun, be competitive, etc?

I'm on the fence with this one. This is the new flavor of the week with the main core of my online buddies, and they're all egging me to pick it up. I just have a sneaky feeling that if I do, two months from now I'll be the only one still playing. Happened two straight years with Call of Duty, and it happened with Destiny and both expansions.

Anyone see this as a game that they would possibly be interested in long term? If so, why? Also, how serious is the community? In other words, is it one of those games where you need to be playing constantly to keep up pace with everyone, or can you enjoy it at your own leisure and still have fun, be competitive, etc?

Honestly, I don't think anyone here has put in enough time with Elder Scrolls to answer some of your questions. I have a level 10, 9 and 5 characters so I have only scratched the surface.

I know me and lastplace plan on playing this for a good bit. We have characters that we play only when the both of us are on and we have agreed to play it at least once a week with each other, although it'll probably be 2-4 times a week. I expect to have 2-3 max level characters, but it'll take awhile. The game is fun to play, feels great with a controller, and is beautiful.

It would be nice to have a few more regulars on to help with dungeons because playing with PUGs has already proven to be extremely annoying in this game. No text chat and in-game voice chat is a bust.

This isn't Call of Duty or Destiny. This is a for real MMO. As they debuff/buff things and add new content players will be expected to update their builds/skills/gear/etc. I don't know how ESO handles that but I know MMOs have been more patient these days.

If you have any experience with MMOs in the last few years then you should pretty much know what to expect from ESO. The community is good, but I haven't jumped in yet. I know I need to find a guild soon.

Have any of you bought anything from the crown store? I understand the expansion will be 2500 so I was planning on picking some up, but I'm considering buying a mount too since I'm a good 3 weeks away from being able to afford one the old fashioned way.

Have any of you bought anything from the crown store? I understand the expansion will be 2500 so I was planning on picking some up, but I'm considering buying a mount too since I'm a good 3 weeks away from being able to afford one the old fashioned way.

I bought the regular edition and then bought some crowns to upgrade to the Imperial edition which came with a mount and the imperial race.

lastplace and I are subbed for ESO plus. We figure we can at least get some bang for our buck for the first few months. Its $15/mo and you get 1,500 crowns which is $15. Something to consider. ESO Plus gives you the DLC for free while you're subbed, and gives you 10% xp, crafting, etc bonuses.

So it doesn't make any sense to buy 1500 crowns over subbing for one month. Good to know. I found out they rotate special items in occasionally for a limited time after seeing folks with that ice horse. I was so bummed when I found out you couldn't just earn it.

So it doesn't make any sense to buy 1500 crowns over subbing for one month. Good to know. I found out they rotate special items in occasionally for a limited time after seeing folks with that ice horse. I was so bummed when I found out you couldn't just earn it.

Yeah, I kinda like the idea of the limited edition cosmetic pieces though. I may have gotten one if it wasn't $25 though. Seemed a little steep, and they took it down right before everyone's 2 month of ESO went so it was a blatant cash grab.

The horse capacity, stamina and speed though you can earn with in-game coin but only once a day. You can spend real money to boost it but its stupid expensive and pointless.

I'll be on vacation this week/weekend but work on a Daggerfall character so you can play with us. Lastplace has a level 30 on there and I just hit 15 with mine. What level is your friend at? It'd be nice to start running dungeons with a solid group. On the AD faction I have a level 28 and lastplace has a level 25.

if its anything like the DCUO model I loved having a subscription. you get access to a lot of cool stuff

He says he's only lvl 7 on that one. The main guild is ebonheart and I think there's about 12 of us right now. We have another guy who just ordered the game today though. I know two other people who play that I'll check with this week to see what faction they're with. It shouldn't be difficult to get a group together.

I think this game is like $40 now. Who is on the fence about picking it up?

lastplace, me, and ghost are still playing it regularly and I think we will for a good bit.

Back
Top Bottom