Einstien! You're wrong!

True. It was cool how that Indian guy really explained himself, unliek half the other guys, which by the way were psycho, espcially the guy who said you can, "Make your own day" or whatever. I found that 3/5ths of the people interviewed were crazies...

Thats interesting, but if you read the articles, its not really as amazing as I thought it might be.
Though it does proove that something could go faster than light, a vessel like a space craft trying to go faster than that or even getting to that speed would be impossible to do so because of all the other laws, so in reality, it still stands. You couldn't go faster than light.

And its true, he said Light...

So because the red goes faster than some other wave patterns, its still as FAST as light is, so the theory still stands as correct :p

No object or anything will be able to go as fast as that. No way.

I doubt it would affect the holographic discs to do what you suggest. Those articles have scientists using very complex equipment to get these results. Its not something they could just do like that.

I agree with Kage.
And this kind of light that these scientist have done probably doesn't exist anywhere else, since I imagine that it would be quite hard for any natural object to filter parts of light out.

And I don't know how that makes E=MC^2 untrue. As I said, it's one part of light, nothing that actually comes from anything natural, (as far as I know of) they created it. So maybe in theory they can proove that E=MC^2 is not true but still, any place outside their little laboratory E=MC^2 is still true.

Well I'm not exactly sure about those things that I said, I ain't even trying to be as smart as the scientist. But I just thought that I should write something other than "I agree with Kage" :)

By tweaking the relationship between phase velocities, it's possible to adjust the group velocity and create the illusion that parts of the pulse are traveling faster than the speed of light.

create the illusion < You left something out there kid.

Back
Top Bottom