EEE PC questions

Szat

Daemon Poster
I'm really interested in getting an ASUS EEE PC 900 with Linux for my school work. I don't want to bring my desktop to school again for fear that I will be gaming all the time. I have some questions that I hope owners can answer for me.
1) Is it going to be hard to connect my HP printer to this Linux machine?
2) How is the UI?
3) Is it fast with multiple firefox tabs and an openoffice.org text file open? (This machine will only be used for internet and homework. I figured after two years it was time to get serious about college :p )
4) iTunes? I will be bringing up an external hdd for music.
5) Should I not get it at all and just bring up my nice desktop?

Thanks!

This cannot and should not be your primary computer. It's simply not powerful enough, and the keyboard isn't made for frequent typing.

ur desktop in your sig ???? def bring that up lol

the eeepc is ok but when your used to playing with a quad and go down to that its kinda ..(dare i say it) dissapointing.

i have tinkered with the eepc and well its jus not all that great the keyboard is kinda too small if your used to a desktop keyboard or even a normal sized laptop its a shock to try and type fast.

IMO just impractical a nice gimmick jus not that great kinda like the macbook air. not in spec or n e thing jus in te fact they are both a great idea in principall but the practicalities let it down

if this is going to be the only computer you will have with you i wouldnt reccomend it tbh cos i used one the other day in a shop and after 5 mins i got annoyed at the size of the keyboard and touchpad ,
and as above it isnt particularly powerfull
however if you where to buy a cheap second hand desktop off ebay and then just take the ee pc to lectures etc with you then i would say that would be a good course of action

Thanks for the feedback so far. I'll probably end up bringing up my PC (yeah, the one in my sig). I guess I'll have to have some self control when it comes to gaming.

dont take that pc just get a cheap used P4 box off ebay and just use that whilst your away instead

i dunnno about where you are but i can pick up a cheap p4 box for about £40 that would do the job

IMO just impractical a nice gimmick jus not that great kinda like the macbook air. not in spec or n e thing jus in te fact they are both a great idea in principall but the practicalities let it down

These notebooks are perfect for frequent travelers that don't need a full computer on the go. They're cheap, and easily replaceable.

Back
Top Bottom