ee gad!!! goddamn technology!

mr_roy

Baseband Member
WHAT DO I DO? My computer encountered, what seemed like, a run of the mill crash when I was playing DOOM 3. It rebooted and everything seemed fine, but at this point my computer became very unstable, it got worse to the point where it sometimes wouldn't boot all the way into Windows (XP), I decided that it could well have been a graphics card problem, so I changed my GF3 Ti200 for the TNT2 I had lying around, while I ordered a new card, it worked for a time and so I then tried my old card, re-install drivers etc. But at this point it got worse, my computer then decided that it would stop displaying ANYTHING with EITHER card, there was no POST beep, it was... sorry, IS basically dead, what the bloody hell can I do when i can't do anything? (sounds stupid I know). Also what could the problem be?! PLEASE help!!

I have a 2200+ (1.8Ghz), a graphics card of sorts, 512Mb of RAM and am TRYING to run XP.

Thanks

Nick

Its hard enough not to laugh at you - but in all basicness trying to be quite tactful; you're computer shouldn't be running Doom 3. Windows XP should be working - in which case I recommend you just reformat as you've over used it.

Lol LK.

He can't even POST, let alone format. Are there any lights on your motherboard? You may have fried it somehow... Test each component see if you can find which is the problem, try and borrow some stuff from mates :)

Yeh, motherboard might have zonked out. Or monitor. And LK.. i dont see any reason why he shouldnt be using D3 :D Touch up on your words bro, sun must have gotton to you

camers said:
Yeh, motherboard might have zonked out. Or monitor. And LK.. i dont see any reason why he shouldnt be using D3 :D Touch up on your words bro, sun must have gotton to you
LOL! I do - have you not seen the specs for Doom 3?

Lol; niether have I - but it is possible the playing of Doom 3 over heated his graphics card and melted something in his computer. I was just recommending that if he gets it to work again that he doesn't play Doom 3 until he gets a better graphics card :D

The graphics card was FINE, thank you very much, it seems the motherboard is dead. Cheers for all the help, and for your info LK the Ti200 was perfectly powerful enough to run the game smoothly at 800 x 600, although I HAVE just ordered a brand new ATi 9800XT (along with my new motherboard), which should be bloody fast. So enough mocking!

BTW the new motherboard is a A7V600 made by ASUS, if anyone can tell me what its like, I'd be quite grateful, ta.

Nick

Back
Top Bottom