Editing DNS on Android

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
Does anyone know of a way to edit the default DNS servers of an Android when on a cellular network?

I know how to do this by default while on Wifi and I've found a few apps that edit the DNS for you but none that change the DNS while on a cellular network. I found a handful that say they do - but they don't, only while on wifi.

I don't want to root the phone because I cannot sync my employers email if my device is rooted (no this is my phone and I own it, but we have a policy that doesn't allow rooted devices to sync with OWA).

I don't want to root the phone because I cannot sync my employers email if my device is rooted (no this is my phone and I own it, but we have a policy that doesn't allow rooted devices to sync with OWA).

RootCloak doesn't work?

I will try that, tried like half a dozen apps on the app store and none worked or required a rooted phone. I will try that tonight - thanks carnage.

I will try that, tried like half a dozen apps on the app store and none worked or required a rooted phone. I will try that tonight - thanks carnage.

Well RootCloak runs on a rooted phone and just allows you to hide root access from certain apps - as for your original question of changing DNS on a non-rooted device...not sure on that one.

Back
Top Bottom