EDID, Nvidia And Gaming

crayonmuncher

Solid State Member
Basically when installing nividia drivers on my monitor i have to manually insert the edid data to get a clear and crisp display and I then have to set a custom resolution to 1366*768 rather than 1360*765, which is fine and I had to do this with my HD4670 too, minus edid bit.
Now because, i assume, i have put edid data into the install data for the driver windows wont show any res above 1360*765 unless manually added. Even when manually added games do not always pick this up and sometimes forces me to use the 1360*765 res. I cannot change this even by adding lines to the shortcut to force the res, for example in fallout new vegas it says my display does not support this res and left 4 dead automatically goes back to the lowest res it can.
Other games, like bad company 2 pick up the custom res and allow me to play on it with ease.
The problem with 1360*765 is that the left edge of my screen ends early and is a few pixels too short, the pixels after this, the few there are, are refracted when anyting moves on them.
How do i either sort out the 1360*765 res so it does not have this issue or add in the 1366*768 res so games pick it up.
I have added the custom res using nvidia cp and powerstrip.
I had this problem setting customer res on my HD4670 but windows detected my screen can go to 1920*1080 and all games would allow me to set to res in game or force it using a command.
Any help would be great.

Running a GTX 260 btw

Back
Top Bottom