ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleClaw4

Solid State Member
buying online

hey guys

I read most of the ebay theads in here but still have a couple questions.

I want to know what type of stuff you guys have bought off ebay and other online auction and classifides sites

This way I'll know what kind of stuff I should buy. For example I read on here that someone mentioned you can get good deals on dvd's on ebay but maybe for a dvd player you would generally end up paying retail price. So do different items have differnt selling points( on whatever site) and how rare are the occassions when an item online sells for usually about retail or store price and then the same item being sold online is half of the retail or store price or somewhere near there?

Also have you guys heard of barterbee.com

I dont really understand how it works but the prices for stuff I see on there is like 1 dollar.

Any info on this?

What about stuff like craigslist and other classified sites?

Any reviews?

thanks guys

I've bought RAM, a guitar, video cards, you name it.

Those things for 1 dollar are just the starting bids. It will certainly go higher than that.

Also, if it's "Buy it now" at 1 dollar, it's just some cheap rip off, like buying the privelidge of someone giving you an address to something.

Just be careful. Always look at the rating of the person. I never buy anything off a person who has less than a 100 rating, and 98% positive feedback. Even by following those guide lines, I still got ripped off once, when some guy tried to take off with my money order without sending the item. Took me THREE months, but I managed to track him down, threatened to use legal action, and then he sent it.

also look at how much shipping costs. some times those 1$ auctions have outrageous shipping charges

Mobo, psu, fans, video cards, optical drives, hdd's, memory sticks, pc games, psp games, that's about it :D

I've gotten two laserdisc players, one Sony (which is terrible) and one Pioneer (which is excellent), a bunch of laserdiscs.. But I, too mostly sell stuff. Powerbooks, Sega Game Gear, CD-Changers, etc...

i bought a cold steel knife....great knife...also bought dvd players, games, guitar stuff, you name it!

I used to sell computers on ebay until usps trashed one of them during shipping and even though the customer refused to purchase shipping insurrance, ebay held me liable, and I had to pay for all the damages out of my own pocket.

I have never sold a computer on ebay since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom