EBay message (I need advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not stupid. I wouldnt even dream of sending the PSP to him. If I list the item as second chance he will jsut do it again under another account.

Have I basically just lost my £5 listing? Is there anything I can do?

I once recieved a message just like that. It asked me to sell a laptop to somebody's son in Africa. It turned out that the message was actually from eBay. They apparently wanted to see if I would violate policy.

forward the message to spoof@ebay.com

You will get a reply back within an hour of whether or not its fake.

EDIT: Just noticed... if hes located in New York, why would he be paying in pounds??

very suspicious.

I've been scammed for $900 before... never got the item... you can do Escrow service... costs a little more, but might be worth it. I wish i did it with mine. If he refuses escrow, then say no.

Hello,

This second buyer is obviously a 419 scammer.

If I were you, I'd ignore all these offers, make everyone who wants your item bid for it, and just let your auction finish.

The scammer clicked on the buy now option of the auction so the auction has ended...

I have since discovered what is going on by reading scam sites.

I believe that the buyer want my home address so that he can send a personal cheque. The cheque will be valued at £1600 instead of the £160. I would take the cheque to the bank and cash it and the buyer would aske me to send back a cheque once its cleared, for the excess money he sent by "accident." Once the buyers payment cheque clears I would send out a valid cheque for the excess only to find out 2 - 3 week later that the buyers cheque was actually counterfit. I would then be forced to pay the money and I would be several hundred pounds down.

I have since found that the first account was actually used to scam another user and I have also recieved a warning e-mail from ebay about the user.

Why do people have to be scum? Its disgusting!

If he sends you a cheque, send hima picture of it being burnt - I just like burning them. :p

Also, tell ebay about it. They will either refund you or you can re list.

xStevey_Bx said:
The scammer clicked on the buy now option of the auction so the auction has ended...

I have since discovered what is going on by reading scam sites.

I believe that the buyer want my home address so that he can send a personal cheque. The cheque will be valued at £1600 instead of the £160. I would take the cheque to the bank and cash it and the buyer would aske me to send back a cheque once its cleared, for the excess money he sent by "accident." Once the buyers payment cheque clears I would send out a valid cheque for the excess only to find out 2 - 3 week later that the buyers cheque was actually counterfit. I would then be forced to pay the money and I would be several hundred pounds down.

I have since found that the first account was actually used to scam another user and I have also recieved a warning e-mail from ebay about the user.

Why do people have to be scum? Its disgusting!

Don't you just want to murder people like that? I do. :)

Then again ... I have a mental illness. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom