Easy way to clean out a shredder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
Besides a bent coat hanger and busted knuckles?? I mean around the rollers.. I've got half a mind to take it apart and pull the rollers out..

And I don't mean THIS shredder... :D TMNT FTW!

Shredder.jpg

^ meh... Why bother... 110v just tingles a little bit.. LOL I've been bit enough.. j/k

Oh Yeah. I forgot. US power is like US beer. Weak.
Try having a taste of 240v some time. I have been thrown accross a room once or twice to learn that mistake.

Actually when i was posting, I was more thinking about the blades as appose to the power.

I'm eagerly awaiting someone to provide some sort of safe steps to cleaning out a shredder. We have one at my job and I've been asked to service it. I don't know the first thing about shredders. We use it because we deal with credit card information on a daily basis. We are always writing this information down free hand hourly. Our dumpster isn't exactly secure, so a shredder is a legit need for us.

If I end up just doing it on my own and I'm successful, I will bump and post my advice and experience.

canned air is fun for anything.....maybe try it?

I've never seen one so I have no clue what type of area that needs to be cleaned. For all I know air might not even hit the area much. But if it's easy to get to, it might be worth a shot ?

Wafflehammer:

How to Troubleshoot a Paper Shredder | eHow.com

1Unplug the paper shredder from the wall. You don't want to hurt yourself in the process.

Step 2Oil the cutters. If your paper shredder does not easily slide the documents through, you may need to add some oil. Read your paper shredder manual to find out the recommended type of oil to use.

Step 3Clean the paper shredder. Remove any paper, particles and paper clips that may be stuck in the shredder. This can help solve any jamming or cutting problems you're experiencing.

Step 4Plug the paper shredder back in and run it as a way to relieve a paper jam. If running the paper shredder for a few seconds does not fix the jam, try to run a piece of paper dipped in oil through it.

Step 5Try the different controls. If your paper shredder stops running or certain functions won't work, you may need to have the circuit board or motor replaced.

Let me know if this helps you out.

MikeFury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom